New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Albuquerque
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel has the nicest staff ever! It's all new, clean, and is in the best area of town with a lot of great places to eat and shop surrounding it. It's maybe 15 minutes away from Ft. Benning, and it's easy on/off the HWY to get anywhere in town. Breakfast is hot, not just pastries. There were eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and other things like cereals, toast, juice, and the coffee pot was always full, even all day long! I can't tell you one thing wrong with the hotel, our room, or it's staff. I do wish there was more parking, as it got very full at night.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the 5th floor; it was huge! If you are going for a graduation, call direct because...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIENL7336, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was really a pleasure having you and the other families staying with us for graduation! I'm so glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast and 24-hour coffee! We hope to see you again if you're ever in the Columbus area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Nettleton,Ms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Columbus,Ga from 01/14/2013 to 01/16/2013. We were there for my son's graduation from Fort Benning. We enjoyed our stay very much. All of the staff were so friendly. The room was clean and very nice. The bed's were wonderful. We also met up with other family's who had loved one's graduating. Sierra Lynn went out of her way to make us feel welcome and help us connect. I would like to thank the staff for the fantastic service we received. Yvonne, Linda,Kiki thank you for treating us like family. My family will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa, It was SO wonderful to meet you and it was a pleasure having you and the other families here! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope that someday you'll be back in Columbus and will stay with us again!
NEW YORK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for our son's graduation from oust. The hotel was in a wonderful location just a short ride to fort benning. We stayed in a suite and the room was spacious and comfortable. There were many dining options right outside the hotel and he staff was friendly and accomodating and we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Congratulations on your son's graduation and we hope to see you again if you're ever in the Columbus area!
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Thank you for your excellent service! Room was immaculate and every associate that we came in contact with was friendly and courteous. My husband is in the army at Ft. Benning. It was very close to the base and many places to eat with any budget. We will be staying here everytime I go to visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIENL7336, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
BPRuiettLange-

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property! We pride ourselves on the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff and our housekeeping department does a wonderful job of keeping all of our rooms looking fresh and new! We look forward to having you stay with us again, and please thank your husband for his service!
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

What a great find!

Ultra-clean and super friendly staff. (without following you around like 'Igor') Having just come down to Columbus for a concert after a business trip in Manhattan, I found my room to be gigantic in contrast to the hotel in NYC I had just checked out of. The only thing at all I can think of that could use improvement is the quality of the provided toiletries. They were of the $49 dollar-a-night-hotel, quality and surely didn't fit at this level of a property.

In Summary... Super service, super clean, great value and tons of restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Fifth Floor Rocks! (I was in 518)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! We are glad the friendliness of the staff and cleanliness of the rooms made such an impression on you! We are currently in the process of upgrading our amenities to Bath and Body Works products and should have the new products in place within the next couple of months. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town!
Saint Paul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

In town for the School of Americas protest and associated discussions, I decided to stay at this location, which was at the very north end of town in a commercial area with a number of chain restaurants. It seemed safer than much of Columbus. The reception staff were very friendly and eager to please; they even checked on whether or not I liked the room after checking in. Generally speaking, the hotel seemed very new and clean. I had reserved a King Suite, which was really just a sitting area plus bed. It was well worth it, though; it had a fridge for my beer, a cabinet for my pistachios as well as a microwave in case I needed to warm up some hair removal wax. While the sofa already looked a little worn, it was comfortable, and I was able to lie back on it and watch television and drink beer. The bed was also comfy, and I slept very well. The bathroom was nice and spacious, although the amenities were way too basic (the shampoo didn't really lather). I did use the jacuzzi next to the gym, but when I first went down, I had to have someone open the door for me. The jets were not working properly; only one had any strength. Also, the door to the outside was not open (they could not find the key), so the room was really too hot for comfort. I did use the gym in the morning and thought the treadmill and available towels were very nice. The breakfast was plentiful with a choice of eggs, meat, biscuits and gravy, cereal, bagels and decent coffee (available 24 hours). The tables were made of granite and had nice chairs. Overall, I was impressed at how nice the hotel was and would come back to stay in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and really appreciate all the wonderful compliments! Thank you also for your constructive feedback about the jacuzzi tub and also the amenities. Maintenance has been made aware of the issue you experience with the jacuzzi tub, and I'm pleased to announce that we are switching our amenities over to Bath and Body Works products within the next couple of months! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

The staff has exceeded my expectations throughout my stay. When the pay dryer broke, the staff dried my clothes in their laundry facility. When I left my rental car lights on, Ben at the front desk called room to room to find the car's driver. After I verified that it was my rental car, he said that he could arrange to get the car jumped if the battery was dead. (Fortunately, the lights weren't on that long so a jump wasn't needed.) Room service was excellent. The breakfast included fresh cinnamon rolls! The only drawback is the hotel is a little tricky to find because it's offset from one of the main roads. I highly recommend this hotel for a quiet stay in Columbus, GA.

Room Tip: Bring a clothespin if you get a room facing the parking lot. The parking lot lights are very bright...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family