“Awesome Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Salem, AL
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

I work for one of the world's largest home improvement retailers. I look at customer service wherever I go because I am a manager and I like to notice people that do a good job. This hotel exemplified good customer service. They went above and beyond to go out of there way to help me with anything. From answering the phone to checking in to checking out the whole hotel helped me. I was pleased with the whole visit and recommend for my friends to stay here when they come here as well. I would like to thank them for the service they provided for me and my family.

Room Tip: Just talk to customer service they will help you decide what is best for you. They are awesome.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

My family and I travelled to Columbus to attend our son's Basic Training graduation. With ease we could commute to Fort Benning and back, so location is perfect to interstate access. What a welcome relief it was to check in and get to our room with ease! The staff were the most friendly, hospitable and considerate folks. Even after our room was cleaned, a gentleman stopped by to ensure we had everything. He was so courteous he gave me extra coffee and took our trash. Above and beyond! It was the most enjoyable stay!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank MelEri99
Fort Meade MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here again for his Fort Benning graduation. We had another awesome experience with a helpful friendly staff and a nice clean room! I would highly recommend anyone staying here if they need to be close to Fort Benning. The drive is easy and the area of town is so much nicer! The staff is so helpful! They allowed us to use their printer and some office supplies because we were in a bind for some last minute paperwork. Loved this hotel experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Meghan H
Burlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel! The staff was so friendly and always smiling and helpful. Especially the evening front desk associate Ben. He helped us get 4 rooms (suites at that) for a really good rate in a time of need. The hotels in the area had been booked due to many events going on and when we had to relocate to the Holiday Inn Express due to a horrible problem with our other hotel, Ben went above and beyond to help us out and listen to our stories with a smile. The housekeeping staff was also super friendly and did not even act annoyed when I told them one of our rooms was going to be a later check out. The breakfast was good but could have used some extra help. The lady working was doing a great job hustling and refilling, but she seemed to need an extra hand and no one was around to help her. We had a great experience overall and will definitely stay here again when we return to Columbus!

Room Tip: We had a King Suite and it was very spacious. We also got pretty loud a few times and no one complai...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vacayready3788
Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here for son's Army graduation. Had high expectations when we checked in and were cheerfully greeted by a personable lady at the front desk. Things sort of went downhill from there. We reserved a "suite" with 2 double beds. I will say the beds are actually queen size, and were very comfortable. I was a little disappointed though, in the size of the "suite". I've had regular non-suite hotel rooms that were bigger. Since we had 5 people in the room, this was a slight issue. Coming back to the hotel our second night, I parked on an end, next to a curb, and proceeded to exit my vehicle and walk to the back of the car. There was a 5 inch section of rebar sticking out from under the mulch, that I hit my foot on. Unfortunately, I had sandals on and it took a nice size chunk out of my toe. I reported it to the person at the front desk, and although he was apologetic and said he'd make a note of it, he didn't know how to fill out an accident report or anything. To add insult to injury (no pun intended), when I got back to the room, the trash had not been emptied when they serviced our room. Someone came up later and emptied it for us.

The location of the hotel was just OK. It was near a McDonalds, which I'd had more than enough of by that point in our trip. There was another part of town about a mile or two away that had much better selection of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank blkhwkfan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus at Northlake, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear blkhwkfan,

Brenda J.
IHGCare
minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed here for our sons graduation at Fort Benning. After searching other hotels and reading reviews, this place was our top pick. And it did not dissappoint. Comfy beds, clean, Fun staff and very helpful! This place actually has QUEEN beds, not fulls or doubles which leaves plenty of room for the adults if your are traveling with kids and not doing a single king. Pool is heated, hot tub was clean. Breakfast food was good. This is an express so not designed to stay-and-play at the hotel. There is a giant mall extremely close by for shopping nuts, you can also walk across the parking lot to McD's and Texas road house. Additionally, Just down the street are a whole bunch of different restaurants (10+) of all different price ranges and tastes. Fort Benning is just a 15 min drive away. This worked great for our family day with our soldier. Short hop to the airport and super easy to get on the freeway. I would highly recommend this to Fort Benning Grad parents!

Room Tip: Suites with two queens and sofa have alot of room and higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Maastricht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I booked this hotel because of the great reviews. The front desk staff is very nice, but aside from that, it is your average 2.5 star hotel. The room was big, but there was nothing overly special about it. The shower could have been better, just about average for a 2.5 star hotel. It seemed pretty new, which is always good. The breakfast was normal for a Holiday Inn Express. Can't complain about the hotel, especially because it was close to a Waffle House.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business