“Very pleasantly surprised”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Very pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our first experience with Staybridge Suites. My first impression was the desk clerk, Justin. He was very helpful, being sure we had the best possible rate. The room was "lived in" but comfortable and very well equipped. We loved the fact that the bedroom and living area had a door between them. The bed was very comfortable. I definitely plan to use this hotel chain for future trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank greggnrob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were here with our soccer team over Memorial Day weekend. The place is very clean, and the hotel staff very accommodating. Breakfast was delicious too. Highly recommend staying here. Close to lots of stores.

Green Features: limited housekeeping during the week to conserve resources.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GeorgiaMurphy
Naugatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting our son at Ft. Benning. Good sized room with a couch and full kitchen. The staff was friendly and the pool area looked nice, but it wasn't opened yet. We will stay here again during our next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jojo603
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family stayed here to attend my son's basic training graduation. I can not belive the service and hospitality that was extended to us. The level of service made me feel like I was at home. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff reconmend that we rent a car because the taxi fares would be alot of money, they rode me to the airport and waited for me to get a car so that I could follow them back with out getting lost. You can not put a price on this kind of service. I would stay here again and would suggest the same to you if you are in the area?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank eric h
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here for one week back in September for work; I usually stay at the Hyatt Place, but Ft. Benning had an event and it was booked.

Check-in was great. They confused for another person with the same name for me, and made it up to me by giving me the military rate. Awesome. The staff are nice as can be.

First thing I notice when I get to my room is a dead cockroach in the bathroom. At least it was dead. The room itself is very cozy and 'clean'. Nice Toshiba TV and DVD player. They even have Food Channel. When I checked out, there was a live roach crawling around my suitcase. I hope they have taken care of this problem by now because it is such a nice hotel.

The food was good. Free breakfast, and free dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I cannot complain about that.

The hotel is also walking distance from many restaurants.

I would recommend this hotel, as long as the roach problem has been taken care of.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul D
Priest River, Idaho
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My reservations were for a month, as I was on an extended assignment and wanted a place to be able to cook, etc.. On the 7th day, a Sunday there was a note under the door that water would be off in the bldg from 1-5. OK, no problem....it finally came back on at 8:15. The next morning when I went to take a shower at 5:00 AM there was no hot water. After the 2nd day with no hot water, they moved me to another room. For 5 days the hot water came and went and showers were only luke warm at best. I had one of the staff verify the water wasn't hot and they moved me again. At either move did they offer to assist. Just handed me a key. The last move was into a room with 12 condensing units outside my window, with literally a piece of duct work run across the outside. And the lamp next to my bed wouldn't work. When I got up the next morning to lukewarm water I decided to move to another hotel. I stayed 2 weeks, 1 one week without hot water, and was never offered any compensation for the problems.
The staff was very nice, and I really hated leaving. I enjoyed the patio, evening social, etc. But it seems like the lack of maintenance on this 12 year old hotel is beginning to show.

Room Tip: The rooms with the through the wall units are very noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Casper05,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the bathroom conditions that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a great stay and the staff was amazing as well. Its nice to see customer service is still alive with this business. Lora was very concerned that we had all we needed. Really enjoyed breakfast each day as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family