“BEST HOTEL MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS AT HOME”

Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersSilver level
Donalds, South Carolina, United States
“BEST HOTEL MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS AT HOME”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Best hotel I have ever stay out. Sherry Payne from the dining room and the family gatherings was fantastic. Lora little from house keeping was very helpful. Those homemade cakes Sherry Payne made was fantastic. The staff was fantastic.Sherry Payne made me feel like I was part of the family.I advise anybody going to Columbus Georgia to stay at the Staybridge they make your trip feel fantastic they take care of you as if you were family

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charlie M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
It's a running joke here at the hotel that everyone gains between 20-30 pounds after starting working with us or guests who stay longer than a week from eating Miss Sherry's homemade cakes alone! Sadly, her cakes are only available during our evening socials (Tuesday - Thursday 5:30-7:30pm) However, Miss Sherry has been known to share her receipes for the right price(usually a hug). I'm glad you enjoyed them as much as we do.

P.S. We have a wonderful fitness room on site and two local gyms just in case you want seconds.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Winfield, Alabama
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the Columbus ga site during the week of my Grandmothers death. This staff made the stay wonderful during a trying time. Laura went above and beyond. As it was a hard time her and the staff helped with everything! I have never been treated better anywhere. It was like having an extended family! Thank you all!

1 Thank Kelly B
Charlie M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Our deepest condolences on the loss of your grandmother. Lora is my executive housekeeper, and is truly amazing! We all feel like a family here at Staybridge, and I'm grateful you felt a part of our family while you were with us. Hopefully, your next trip will be under better circumstances.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My mother was having surgery at The Hughston Clinic, and we weren't really sure where to stay. There are many hotels that give a discount to patients, and Staybridge Suites is by far the best value and nicest of them all!!! The location cannot be beat, close to everything!
My father and I were going to be staying together, so needless to say privacy & having enough room for us both were a big concern for me!! We were pleasantly surprised at how truly wonderful this place is!!! The breakfast buffet and dinners were wonderful! They really are a bargain and help for those on a budget! Sherri was wonderful and so nice to talk to! From the Manager, the Front Desk, and to Housekeeping, EVERYONE was wonderful!! I cannot say enough good things about this place!! The rooms are immaculate! And very well stocked with everything you need for your stay!
Thank you for making a trying week that much easier in our home away from home! We look forward to staying there again for her next surgery!

1 Thank Christi Z
Charlie M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I hope your mother is recovering from surgery nicely! It was great reading your review. Our guests are our top priority, and it warmed my heart hearing that you and your father felt like you were at home. I hope in some small way, we were able to ease your stress during that week.

I'm honored to work with the best staff in Columbus! Every day each one of them amazes me with their dedication and passion for what we do. Thank you for mentioning them, and giving me the chance to brag on them. Miss Sherry is our cornerstone, and I'd be lost without her. Thank you again. Everyone's looking forward to seeing you during your next visit.
Columbus, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The rooms were clean, and comfortable. The service was excellent. Always a smiling face greeting you at the door. The pool area is fantastic to sit around with the other guests to chat. I would stay there every time I need a home away from home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thardy_13
Charlie M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I'm really glad you enjoyed the pool area! I'm very proud of the fact that we are the only hotel in town to offer a fire pit. Please don't forget to use one of the grills on your next visit.
Amherst, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We needed a welcoming, accommodation for two nights, while attending the ceremonies at Fort Benning. After a day of flights from NH to GA. driving two hours in the rain, we were exhausted.

We were welcomed with friendly smiles, complimentary water and snacks. Terrific. The room/suites was more than we expected and the price was good. Complimentary breakfast and light complimentary dinner and wine were totally unexpected. Staying here to the guess work of where to eat during our hectic schedule. We would stay here again. Thank-you so much for helping to make our stay a comfortable one.
Sally from NH
PS. The beds and PILLOWS were the BEST!

Room Tip: We had a two double bed suite. It was worth it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Charlie M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thanks Sally! Being retired Air Force myself, I have a special place in my heart for our service members as well as their families. At Staybridge Suites we are all about family, and I know that throughout my military career I personally couldn't have been successful without the support of mine. That's the reason I created a special "military family rate", and gave it the largest discount, second only to active duty, that I could.

I know firsthand how difficult it can be juggling schedules and finances in order to be at a graduation. Thank you for choosing us to share that memory. Please pass along our heart felt congratulations and thanks to the rest of your family and especially your soldier!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Keirsten was a great help when i needed it. She was very helpful an nice. very easy to talk to an was also Friendly towards me an my friends! Ive stayed here for the past 3 weekends, she has helped me with rooms for friends an also the free dvds she showed me was very nice..the hotel rooms are also very nice i recomended this hotel to a few friends an they all loved it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Andrew R
Charlie M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
I really appreciate you helping spread the word about us! Our goal at Staybridge Suites is to have every guest leave as a friend, and Keirsten exemplifies that approach to guest service.

Kudos Keirsten, you're a gem!
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Brea & Keirsten were top notch when it came to hospitality and making my stay as good as it can be! A+++++ In addition, the dinners they provide make me feel like I'm at home. The home theater setup they have is pretty nice too; it actually gave me some good ideas for my man cave at home. I would recommend staying at Staybridge anytime coming to the Columbus/Ft. Benning area.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank GaStangBoy
Charlie M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thanks for the Awesome grade! Brea started working with us when she was just 16 and it's been a privilege seeing her grow to become the wonderful young woman she is today. Keirsten is a recent addition to the family, but it already feels like she grew up with us too. I'm so proud of both of them!
I'm glad you enjoyed the evening social. We recently started serving complimentary beer and wine again, and are continuing to add new items to make it even better. Any suggestions are welcome and would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again, and good luck with the man cave.