“Awesome Hotel With Wonderful Staff”

Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is AWESOME!! The staff is wonderful. Very kind, caring and will go above and beyond what is expected of them to make sure you feel like you are at home. My daughter and I stayed there for 2 weeks with her 1 year old daughter and by the time we left it was like leaving family. The breakfast was great and the in the evening they had complimentary drinks and a variety of food. Sherry who worked in the hospitality area made an extra effort to get my daughter and the baby cheese pizza because she knew they were vegetarians. Theresa in housekeeping also made sure we had everything we needed. If the baby was sleeping I would leave a note on the door and she would make sure we got anything needed. All of the staff was very friendly and talked to us daily. The manager(s) of this Staybridge Suites must be doing a wonderful job because the staff is great. Very nice, clean place to stay!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Charlie M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Reading your review absolutely made my day! We all try very hard to make certain each guest we come in contact with feels like a member of our family. Of course, we're not really family, but we all share the same passion for what we do and strive to make our guests feel at home. Both Sherry and Theresa are a huge part of who are and what we do at Staybridge Suites, and your review was the highest praise they could've received. I'm truly blessed with a wonderful staff (that feels like family), and I'm grateful you took the time to share your experience. Thank you.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Never heard of this brand before but so happy that I stopped in and tried it. The staff was wonderful from front desk to housekeeping. The room was way more then I expected it included a full kitchen so I was able to stock the fridge. They even served a complimentary dinner and it was a full meal not just the chips and dip you get at other places. Well done Staybridge I will now use this brand everywhere I go.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel was clean and as soon as we got to the hotel it was like we were home . The house keepers took care of my every need . The breakfast was very great an the dinners are very warm home cooked meals everyone was freindly and the prices were terrific

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Haleyryan9
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three days while on business in Columbus. Check-in was swift and friendly. My room was clean and everything functioned well. Housekeeping did a nice job all three days. The breakfast was better than I've experienced at other similar hotels but I cannot comment on the dinners as I worked late all three nights. Fitness center was nice and the machines ran well. Pantry was well stocked and entire staff was really cordial. Well done, Staybridge Columbus!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
StaybridgeMgmt, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your review!
We always work hard to provide a great and memorable experience for all of our guests.
when we get reviews like this it makes us feel great!!

Thanks a-million!

Staybridge mgmt

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have family in Columbus and have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past two years. We spent the weekend of September 10th at the hotel and had a room on the bottom floor. The fridge was so loud that it was unbearable. We did not complain, instead just dealt with it. When we checked out we reserved a room for the next weekend. A few days ago we noticed that our credit card was charged an extra $275. An employee told us someone "saw us smoking in the room." First of all, we do not and have not ever been smokers. Next, how did an employee see anything we did in the room Are there cameras? We were on the bottom floor in a room beside the exit where there is an ashtray and we frequently saw employees outside at this area smoking. Perhaps the hotel needs to pay us $275 for having to walk through their filthy smoke to get to our car. RIP OFF. Currently disputing this issue and ignored by management.

Room Tip: Do not get the room on the bottom floornear the employee ashtray. The hotel will charge you a smoki...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DnAmy H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear DnAmy H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please allow me to apologize for the billing issues you had and any inconvenience may have caused you. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Columbus, GA.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 12, 2012

There were 7 of us that stayed for 5 days. The people that work there are sincerely warm and welcoming. We had a problem with housekeeping, and the front desk and manager were immediately on it and went over and beyond what was needed. When we mentioned the problem to the front desk late Friday night, he immediately contacted the manager who took care of it by the time we were back from dinner. The breakfast was good, but the evening snack was great. It's obvious they do everything hey can to make you feel at home and want to come back. Theresa the evening maid sat and talked with me, made me fresh coffee at 9:00 that night, and was a lovely, caring person. We had a two bedroom suite for 5 of us, and though the room was smaller than I'd hoped, it was very comfortable. The theater is a great idea, and their great room with very comfortable couches and large TV was a great place to hang out.

Room Tip: It was a very quiet hotel with comfortable beds. I think all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Becky K
Reviewed July 18, 2012

They had the cleanest rooms, friendliest staff and best accomodations Ive ever had staying in a hotel. I went for my fiances basic training graduation and it was centrally located within a one mile radius of everything you could need or want. Such as a target, resturants, a ups store and even a walgreens. It is about 15 minutes north of Ft. Benning and only about 8 minutes north of the columbus airport. There were 2 ladies especially that stood out during my time at Staybridge, Kristy and Chelsea. If I had any questions or just wanted to chat they were both very knowlegable and friendly. The surrounding area of the hotel is very nice and welcoming as well. It is in a very nice part of town and I felt safe the entire time. They also serve a hot breakfast every morning, dinner Tues-Thurs night and have a center to check out dvds. They also have a laundry facility and buiness center. I would recommend stayrbridge suite of columbus/ft benning to anyone who is going to graduation or just visting. The only thing that would have made my stay any better would be room service. Since they offer dinner 3 nights a week and breakfast every morning they do not offer room service but that is a small price to pay for comfort, cleanliness and great service from this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple