“Housekeeping and staff need training”

Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Ok, if you are a mom looking for a review this is for you. I just can not recommend this hotel. If you are business person, this would be ok for you. We were in for 3 nights to watch my son graduate from Fort Benning. The first day I was encouraged. The manager was very friendly and greeted us in the hall. Told us how greatful he was for our stay and was friendly. It ended there. The front desk lady was way to interested in hanging outside smoking with her friends and seemed really mad when you asked her questions. They have food in the evenings that starts at 5:30 p.m. I went down at 5:47 and they nothing left. The ladies down there said they had run out and said how surprised they were people were coming down by 2's to eat. Wait, what???? This causes you to run out of food? Plan better. The layout of the breakfast was so poor guests kept running into each other and the younger lady of the two (who is always there) very friendly but watched you so close you felt uncomfortable. Each day she just stared at your every move. The pool was not the cleanest but the fireplace was nice. THE WORST PART was housekeeping. Dirty sheets, did not change them the whole 3 days. They knew we checked in with 4 (2 adult, 2 kids) and yet there was no sheets, pillows or bedding for the pull out. The lady said, and I quote, yes she knew there were no sheets and we had two children with us. She would run some up". We booked this months in advance and they couldn't prepare? The kitchen was never cleaned by housekeeping the whole time we were there. And replaced towels? Forget it, you might as well bring your own. All the housekeeper did was come in, make up dirty beds, and leave. CLEARLY you could tell she didn't dust or straighten up. Not even picking up the TV remote off the floor. Left a pile of trash in the kitchen with paper towel in it. Anyway, I would never ever stay here again. The breakfast was so overcooked, hard scrambled eggs, hard hard boiled eggs, and mostly everything empty. If you have a family pick one of the other 100 hotels for the same price.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank leahstravelsandtips

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed two nights at this hotel on April 20th and 21st. The first night it appeared that the room was not cleaned for new guests. Looked like it might have been cleaned for a returning guest. When I called the desk I was told nothing could be done as there were no other available rooms. When I pulled back the sheets on one of the beds, I was shocked to see crumbs, black spots and hair. I took pictures and then called the desk again. At 11pm they sent up a new set of sheets which my husband and I had to put on ourselves. Not happy. In the morning I spoke with the assistant manager who offered to discount our rate by $30. Nope. I asked for a $55 discount which he did give us. We then moved to a larger room which is what we had planned to do anyway. When I went to shower that evening there was a towel from the previous guest left hanging on the back of the door. So the housekeeping is not up to par at this hotel. The night desk staff was very young and immature. Yelling obscenities at one another. These are things that can be fixed, but will they take the advice of travelers? Who knows? Other than that it was okay.

Room Tip: Choose a king bed room. It was much more comfortable than the double bed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mkannb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbus Ft. Benning, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear mkannb,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Although I was only there for 10 hours my stay was nice. I was greated by a two suite room with a small kitchen. On thte night stand was a bottle of water and a package of cheezy squares. The place was quite, the room was clean and the staff was nice. It included a free breakfast in the morning too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Was in town to catch the Columbus Lions football game...they WON!! This hotel is GREAT, super location and VERY clean, the weather was perfect and there was an air show going on at the airport. we were lucky enough to be able to see the airplanes from the hotel window, a very nice unexpected bonus. The pool looked very clean as well.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The people were really nice everywhere I went, and the hotel was quiet and clean.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites on Whittlesey Road about a week ago. We were looking for the perfect place to have a slumber party for a group of 17 year olds, being that we were traveling there from out of town. We had looked at several great places but decided they were not roomy enough. We decided to check out the Staybridge Suites. Of course, with no reservation, we were expecting to find that we may have to take a smoking room and pay more than what we wanted in order to get what we wanted. I asked to take a look at an available room and the check in clerk, John, was more than happy to assist me. I decided the room did not have enough living room space for the sleepover and was about to walk out. John asked what I was looking for and I told him more living room space. He asked me to wait a minute while he looked to see if he could accomodate my request. He asked me to look at one other room before leaving. I went up to the 3rd floor and the room was absolutely perfect. There was a large living room area, full kitchen, and the bedroom suite was also very spacious. I was excited to have ended my search. The next morning, we were provided with a full course complimentary breakfast with a number of breakfast choices. This stay was great!! To top it all off, the price of the room was covered under the weekend's special and I paid less there than I would have paid for a regular room somewhere else. Thanks John and the Staybridge team for great customer service.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WeLove2Travel321
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We recently stayed here for our son' s Family Day weekend from bootcamp. Had a large updated suite on the second floor equipped with everything. Full kitchen and fridge, two bathrooms and a nice size livingroom. Hotel provides everything a family could need, even free movie or games at front desk. Location is close to new shopping and dining, yet feels quiet. Great breakfast served in the morning too. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. Overall, a great value and would stay there again. Thanks Staybridge!

• Stayed: November 2011