Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I came to this hotel because of issues with the sewer in my home. WHAT a blessing it was to make this choice. Although I have been a member of Choice Hotels for many years, I decided to give this neighborhood hotel a chance. I am delighted. The staff has been TERRIFIC. The front desk ---I cannot say enough good things. The cleaning staff, they are awesome!!!!! In a time of need as a heart patient taking blood thinners, I had a nose bleed that became a 911 call as the bleeding would not stop. The front desk was right there for us. Helped the ambulance crew get to me quickly.
Breakfast is not great but it is consistent and can give you a jump start. Good coffee and juice.
I recommend this place. It has some growing pains---new carpet is coming---and you will find some stains here and there on the existing carpet. My bed has been comfortable and CLEAN.

Room Tip: I always like the top floor for noise reduction but I have had a room on each floor of this hotel an...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Renee B, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Rosa,
Thank you so much for your awesome review! We have really enjoyed having you guys stay here and after you leave, always know we have a place should you ever need it again (hopefully you will not though :) )
Thank you again and let me know if there is anything I can do for you two before you leave.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Renee B, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Reviewed September 25, 2013

the mirror in our room was cracked... looked terrible.. and we were billed 2x not a happy camper when your desk told us it would take a week for a refund

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for bringing the cracked mirror to my attention. After your review, I investigated and was able to pin point the room and have a new mirror ordered.
Reasons such as that are why we value each review and each customers feedback.
Thank you again for rating us and I appologize about your negative experience and the mistakes on our part.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

this hotel is way overpriced for what you get, the carpet is horrible I have never seen such dirty carpet.... even if they are replacing the carpet soon this should have been done years ago! $81does not get u very much here. the walls are filthy around the corners where people's hands have been,this hotel should be in the $49.99 range! I have stated several hotels over the last 9 years this is not the worst by far but it is the worst for the price I paid.... $81.00 really?! the breakfast is not any betterthis hotel most likely needs new management! Next time I'll be better off to stay at Motel 6 for $39.99 because this hotel is about that quality!

• Stayed: September 2013
Renee B, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We value all reviews, especially ones where it guides us to learning what needs to be corrected.
I agree, the carpet should have been replaced a while ago. Fortunately and unfortunately, the hotel has been so busy that we have been unable to shut each floor down to change it out until now. The carpet has been purchased and will installed very soon.
Unless you booked a suite, we do not have rooms priced that high, although booking through a third party site does add additional fees. I apologize and hope that if you choose to come back, you book directly through our Front Desk for the best rate.
Again, thank you for leaving a review.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We traveled to Fort Benning to see our son graduate from Basic Training. I was looking for somewhere close to the base and came upon Microtel Inn. I'm so glad I did! We booked four rooms, and they were great. The two rooms with one double each were on the small side, but clean and nicely decorated. The beds were comfortable, the noise level low, and the air conditioning worked great. The other two rooms were very large with refrigerators, microwaves and sinks with counters. Very clean and comfortable! My son and daughters enjoyed the pool, although there weren't many shady spots to just sit and relax. The breakfasts were great; much better than any I've had at other motels in a similar price range. But the best aspect of Microtel was their superb staff!! EVERYONE was friendly and helpful, and worked hard to make our stay special. Kudos to Tiffany and LaShawn (sp?) who bent over backwards to help us with directions and finding places to visit and/or eat. The location just off the 185 made it convenient to get anywhere in Columbus as well as Fort Benning. We would definitely stay here again

1  Thank Katherine C
Reviewed September 11, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Renee B, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Renee B, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013