Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North
$59
$137
$109
$94
Best Western Plus Columbus/ Ft. Benning(Columbus)(Great Value!)
$73
$92
Comfort Suites(Columbus)(Great Value!)
$97
$63
All reviewsfront deskwelcome centerfamily emergencybagelswi ficonference roomsoftball tournamentcolumbus northrecommend this hotelroom was cleanthe breakfast areacontinental breakfastcleaning stafffort benningstay there againnon smokinga wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I'm a big fan of Microtel. This was my third stay at this chain and though this particular Inn was not as new as the others, I think the value outweighs any minor negatives. The room was clean and relatively modern though it's about time to shampoo the carpets. The staff was particularly helpful. They provided us with perfect, easy to understand directions to every location that we inquired about. For those of you who are visiting the area to visit our soldiers at Fort Benning, this location is just a short 5-10 minute drive to the base, yet it is far enough north to escape some of the seedier parts of Columbus. There is an incredible amount of dining places just minutes away.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the building are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were moved to a "better room" due to hairs being found in the bed of our first room. In the second room there were shoes left from whomever stayed before us. So if there were shoes missed in the cleaning of the room, I cant imagine how what else was missed and what didn't get cleaned. The rooms were extremely overpriced, it was no better than a Motel6 but cost twice as much. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed March 19, 2013

When traveling solo, I prefer Microtel for their true value. The Microtel in No. Columbus, GA was the best I've been in. I guessed it was brand new and was shocked to find out it is 7 years old. Great location. Lastly, their staff was totally professional and courteous. Great experience.

Room Tip: I always like a top floor, away from the major street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the rate and the reviews that people posted. We didn't quite have the same experience as any of the positive reviews listed!! First, our toilet ran for quite some time after flushing it.--at least 30 minutes or so. Second, the included breakfast was disappointing. The bagels were individually wrapped, but all were still hard as a rock. The juices were watered down quite a bit. Third, we didn't notice until the end of the 2nd day but our door to room wouldn't lock!! It looked and sounded like it was closed completely, but if you gave it a good push, it opened every time without a key!!! When we informed somebody about our issues (toilet and door), we were assured it'd be taken care of by the time we got back that day---and neither of the issues were corrected. We ended up checking out a day early and informed the front desk clerk that the issues weren't corrected. He said "oh..sorry about that." We also told him that there wasn't ever a coffee maker in our room so we didn't want to be charged for one. He informed us that they had to remove all the coffee makers because guests were cooking meth in them!!! I don't think this is something hotel staff should have be telling guests!!!
I'd spend a more money and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room on the south side of the hotel--it may be quieter. Our room was facing the main street on the north side of the hotel and it was really loud early in the mornings.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had a reservation at another hotel that was flooded and got moved to MicroTel. When we arrived we found out that our reservation had been messed up. The staff was wonderful and took care of us and fixed it promptly. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Patrik S, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

I am so delighted we were able to take a bad situation and make it better for you.I would also like to thank you for the great review!! We try our very best to make every guest feel welcome. We hope to see you again if ever you need lodging in the Columbus area. Thank you again, It was a pleasure to serve you.