“Reviews are Right On” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Reviews are Right On”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Not much point piling it on here, everything that's been said is pretty much true. I wish I'd read the reviews before I went but the place looked nice from the outside.

The sushi chef was a good guy and made decent sushi but the rice was old and really sticky and stale. Never thought I'd experience stale rice in a sushi restaurant but this was it. I ordered a side of hibachi vegetables and a small, slivered mound showed up swimming in soy.

To top it all off, when I first sat down the waitress asked if I wanted the large or small sake. I asked how much the large was and she said $6.95 so I said, what the heck and ordered it. When she handed me the bill I noticed the sake was now $9.95. I brought this to her attention and she said she'd made a mistake. I said no problem, just charged me for what you quoted. She laughed and took my credit card away, returning moments later with the unchanged bill. I had to force her to bring the manager who then voided the transaction and made a new one.

Too bad, the place looks really nice.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

deptford, nj
“Gross”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Had to ask the waiter to wipe down our table when seated because there was rice all over it. The waiter was dirty and could not get our order right. The chef was not entertaining and overcooked the scallops lobster and shrimp. Nasty would not recommend this place.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Worst place I've ever eaten.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

My wife and i just relocated fron Ft Bragg and wanted to try out skmething we knew would be good. There is a Shofun in our honetown that is wonderful. We went to the Whitlessey Rd Shogun location twice. We went the second time in hopes that the first was just our bad luck. Wrong. The food is horrible. The service is horrible. Ive had better service in Afghanistan by guys that I was pretty sure were Al Qaeda. Finally the last and worst thing. The smell. It smells like a sewer pipe cracked in the middle of the resteraunt. Being in the military taking care if my son and given the tough economy, it is usually a rare treat to go out to eat. I (along with 99% of americans) work very hard for my money. Going to Shogun was a waste of my hard earned cash. Do not go eat there. I hope that the employees working there are able to find other work because after reading these reviews and witnessing this embarrassment first hand twice, it is only a matter of time before they are closed.

Columbus, Georgia
“Not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Shogun has the newest building and best location of all the Japanese Steakhouses in the area. Some friends suggested that we meet them here at 630 on a Friday night. That translates to a pretty long wait at most places in town. I was suprised when we arrived, parked right next to the building, and walked into a 1/4 full restaurant.
The experience was what you should expect from a Japanese steakhouse and the place seemed very clean. I wondered how we could have stumbled upon a "hidden gem" hiding on one of the prime pieces of real estate in town. Then the food hit my plate.
The steak was extremely tough and tasted a bit old. Even the chicken, which should be the bread and butter of this type of establishment, was overcooked, dry and tasteless. Portion sizes not what you would expect for the price. We probably ended up with 1/4 cup of veggies. each. It is an absolute shame to waste such a nice spot with such mediocre food. There are some better options nearby in Columbus.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Bad food worse service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

It was a very poor expeirience I have never been to such a bad Japanese steakhouse