“You will wish this restaurant was in your town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Meritage

Meritage
Reserve with OpenTable
Meritage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 556 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W 11th Street
Description: Our goal at Meritage is to offer one of the best dining experiences in the greater Columbus area in a warm, friendly atmosphere. For every day to special occasions, for lunch to upscale casual dining, Meritage has something for everyone. Come taste the experience at Meritage.
florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You will wish this restaurant was in your town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Incredible food, a wine list that was diverse and with a depth you would only expect in a large city in a much larger restaurant (and very affordable). Really some of the best food, and I do like my food and wine. Very relaxed environment and service was friendly--really hate the pompous nature of some servers at other facilities. This was our third visit to Columbus and after several so so restaurants, this one will be on the itinerary for every trip from now on.

I am not a chopped salad fan, but it was delicious. Most meals are available in two sizes, so you don't have to eat too much. You will regret ordering the smaller portion though as the food is so good you want more. Had to ask the server to remove the plates as I was ready to pick up the plates and lick the remnants.

They have a lunch location next door, a ground floor larger dining area with several levels and an intimate second floor that is more casual.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank floridaboy58

Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best 'Last Meal' in America”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

On New Year's Eve, my husband and I joined my parents for an evening at Meritage. I had high expectations, since it has such a great reputation.

My review: I'm still smiling at the near perfect experience. The only imperfection is that it ended.

The servers were perfectly choreographed, creating an even flow to the evening that never felt rushed, or delayed. The wine that was paired with each course, thanks to the recommendations of certified sommelier, Faye, elevated the dining experience to an even higher level.

Chef Ashley finessed food that rivaled any trattoria near my home in northern Italy.

When in Columbus...eat as the Romans!

1 Thank headedtoitaly
Fortson, GA
“Exquisite New Year's Eve Italian tasting menu with perfect wine pairings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife & I celebrated New Year's Eve at Meritage with a romantic, exquisite, Italian, fixed-price, 7-course tasting menu accompanied by perfect wine pairings. This was one of our best dinners anywhere in the world!

Meritage's owner, Faye Simmons, has become a certified sommelier & showcased an excellent array of outstanding Italian wines. Of the 7, we recognized the character of the pinot grigio, the valpolicella, & the prosecca - the other 4 were new to us & uniformly complementary with the food.

One of Faye's daughters, Ashley, is the very talented chef. She prepared each of the 7 courses with unusual, exceptional, beautiful presentations. For example, the 3rd course was filet of branzino (fish) with sun-dried tomatoes & capers, & the 4th course was duck breast with fantastic chestnut polenta & special green olives.

The ambiance of the dining room on the 1st floor was lovely: dim lighting, candles on each table, recorded piano solos in the background, & attractive tableclothes & place settings.

Service was superb & graciously responsive to our minor requests. Each course arrived shortly after we finished the preceding one without being hurried. We spent a wonderful 2 hours being seemingly transported to Italy.

1 Thank RalphSchmitt
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Try Meritage Deli for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a fun option for lunch - be it business, friends or date. The food is fresh and flavorful. The wine list is exceptional. Service is good and the caring owner is available to all customers. I had the Tomato Parmesan Soup - I thought I was eating a flavorful pasta sauce - it was that good. My husband had the French Onion Soup and almost embarrassed me as he tilted (and lifted) the bowl to get every last drop. He thoroughly enjoyed his panini. I had the spinach salad with warm bacon vinaigrette. It was a bit sweet to my liking, but that is a personal preference. Nonetheless, it was robust and delicious. I found the room at bit dark for lunch time. Additionally, they ran out of several items: the corned beef for the Reuben sandwich (special of the day), our first wine choice (though our second choice was fabulous) and provolone cheese for my husband's panini. But that's a good sign, right? We should have arrived for lunch earlier than 1:45. Try it. You'll like it.

Savannah, Georgia
“You'll love it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our group of ten have been to Columbus 6 to 8 times without finding a decent restaurant to write home about. That has changed ... with the Meritage. This exquisite restaurant has been and remains a bit hidden, first to the public because it is hard to locate. There appear to be several
pieces of 13th street spread out over the city and even if you locate the correct 13th, the restaurant is behind the front of the building. So get good directions to get there.

And wow ... is it worth it. First, the interior is a converted warehouse with huge, lovely beams, excellent art on the walls, and the ability to create a square table for 10-12 people. Think about that. You can actually talk to all 12 without yelling down a long line of chairs. Too few places have the type of tables to permit a square.

Service was truly excellent. Fun, engaging waitstaff. An owner whgo visits each table and
asks good questions. (She is a wine maven).

The food was excellent. The chef accepts changes; for example, I wanted the duck not to be sliced. (S)he agreed and it was perfect and delicious. All 10 of us enjoyed every course, the drinks and the entire circus of the evening. Need I say everyone had a turn at talking to the group in our square table.

Do NOT miss the restaurant, it is a serendipity.

1 Thank Charles B