“Worst Ever!”

Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown
Ranked #42 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 22, 2006

This is by far the most filthy place I have ever stayed. I made my reservation online for a busy weekend when I knew Columbus would be packed. The reviews I had read lead me to believe this would be a nice hotel. Nothing could be farther form the truth. Reservations were hard to get even though I booked in advance and I had to book a smoking room. The stink in this room was still gagging me 3 days after I arrived. It was nearly impossible to sleep with the odor. The carpet was so dirty I didn't dare to walk on it without shoes. Avoid this place if you want to enjoy your stay in Columbus.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Reviewed April 3, 2006

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn for one night when traveling through Columbus. We arrived late to check in, but the person at the desk was nice enough and told us about the brekfast the next morning. Our rooms were a little smaller than expected, with 2 beds. I couldn't tell if they were twins or if they were doubles, but they were small whatever they were. From the look of the rooms, this is an older hotel. There was a small TV in the room along with a mini fridge and a microwave. There was only one sink, and not very much counter space. The bathroom itself was pretty small with only the toilet and shower. This hotel does not have the newer shower curtains that are rounded to give you more room in the shower, as they are still using the old kind of curtains that you are constantly rubbing up against. The room was pretty much clean from what we could tell. The beds left something to be desired, as did the pillows that were litteraly flat.
We had left the "Privacy Please" hanger on our door so that we could sleep late, and thankfully we were not disturbed. However, when we asked housekeeping for more towels, they told us that we would have to turn in some dirty ones before we could get anymore. We ended up leaving to hotel around 1 pm that afternoon and returned late the next evening. When we got back, our room still had not been cleaned, and we made sure to remove the hanger from our door before we left. So much for customer service in that department.
One other thing that we disliked was the smell of the water. I know city water sometimes has a very distinct smell, but I can say that I've never smelled water like that before.
If ever in the area again, I don't think that I will be staying at the Quality Inn, especially considering the number of other hotels to chose from in the area. In my opinion, the common areas of the hotel were decent, and the pool area looked very nice, but the rooms are definitely not up to par.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank UGAFan0829
Travelers also viewed these Columbus hotels
2 mi away
Columbus Marriott
#15 of 47 in Columbus
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Airport
La Quinta Inn Columbus Fort Benning

Been to Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown

Address: 1325 Veterans Pkwy, Columbus, GA 31901-2115 (Formerly Days Inn Columbus Downtown)
Location: United States > Georgia > Columbus
Ranked #42 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Price Range: $57 - $67 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn Columbus Hotel Columbus