“Don't believe negative reviews”

Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown
Ranked #42 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We were hesitant to stay here because of some old reviews but we took the chance and had a very enjoyable night, our room seemed recently renovated. Breakfast was more than ample and the only negative there was the attendant was not very vigilant in wiping tables. Would not hesitate to stay there again. Reasonable rates and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown

Reviewed May 27, 2009

Obviously the others didn't have anything to compare it to because where we came from...the Days Inn Ft. Benning...it made this place look like the Waldorf.
The ONLY complaints I have is that their WiFi was glitchy and breakfast was VERY late, although they did offer more than just continental with a hot bar. The staff was very helpful and courteous.
The rooms were very clean and the area was great! I liked that you couldn't get to the rooms from the outside.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2009

The place was not that great. On top of that my truck was broken into, the door glass broken, radio stolen, wiring ruined during the night in the hotel parking lot. When I reported it, the staff was less than helpful having to be asked several times to call the police.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank georgiacycleman
Reviewed August 7, 2007

We stayed here for 6 nights. It was very noisy they had kids running around late at night when we tried to sleep no supervision. The bathrooms are very old and need to be updated looked real dirty. One day the housekeepers came while we were still in the room I cleaned the bathtub with cleaner they gave me still looked real dirty. But loved the location to Ft. Benning and the free internet. Will probably stay again. Most hotels I have stayed in were alot nicer but for going to Ft. Benning will stay for location to the base.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed October 22, 2006

This is by far the most filthy place I have ever stayed. I made my reservation online for a busy weekend when I knew Columbus would be packed. The reviews I had read lead me to believe this would be a nice hotel. Nothing could be farther form the truth. Reservations were hard to get even though I booked in advance and I had to book a smoking room. The stink in this room was still gagging me 3 days after I arrived. It was nearly impossible to sleep with the odor. The carpet was so dirty I didn't dare to walk on it without shoes. Avoid this place if you want to enjoy your stay in Columbus.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed April 3, 2006

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn for one night when traveling through Columbus. We arrived late to check in, but the person at the desk was nice enough and told us about the brekfast the next morning. Our rooms were a little smaller than expected, with 2 beds. I couldn't tell if they were twins or if they were doubles, but they were small whatever they were. From the look of the rooms, this is an older hotel. There was a small TV in the room along with a mini fridge and a microwave. There was only one sink, and not very much counter space. The bathroom itself was pretty small with only the toilet and shower. This hotel does not have the newer shower curtains that are rounded to give you more room in the shower, as they are still using the old kind of curtains that you are constantly rubbing up against. The room was pretty much clean from what we could tell. The beds left something to be desired, as did the pillows that were litteraly flat.
We had left the "Privacy Please" hanger on our door so that we could sleep late, and thankfully we were not disturbed. However, when we asked housekeeping for more towels, they told us that we would have to turn in some dirty ones before we could get anymore. We ended up leaving to hotel around 1 pm that afternoon and returned late the next evening. When we got back, our room still had not been cleaned, and we made sure to remove the hanger from our door before we left. So much for customer service in that department.
One other thing that we disliked was the smell of the water. I know city water sometimes has a very distinct smell, but I can say that I've never smelled water like that before.
If ever in the area again, I don't think that I will be staying at the Quality Inn, especially considering the number of other hotels to chose from in the area. In my opinion, the common areas of the hotel were decent, and the pool area looked very nice, but the rooms are definitely not up to par.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank UGAFan0829
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#32 of 47 in Columbus
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 1

Been to Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown? Share your experiences!