“not even if it was the only hotel available”

Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown
Ranked #42 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 27, 2013

i should have known it would be a nightmare when it took 30 minutes to get checked in. I can over look that the room was outdated. but the bathroom was dirty and there was dead roach on the bathroom sink. the sheets didnt smell fresh and the covers made me itch ( I had to go purchase sheets). we were on the 2nd floor and took the stairs one day which smelled of urine. the pool was open but wasnt open. and just when i thought things couldnt get worse they sent someone around on the 2nd day to change the locks. with sparks flying over the room- terrorizing my 5 yr old- causing the smoke alarm to sound for 30 minutes. we were in town for a soccer tournament and this was the only hotel that had rooms available. and now I know why. when we asked for a later check out so we could check in just in time to get to soccer game. the front desk said it was against days inn policy. which was a lie because I have stayed at many days inn and did a late check out. Next time I'll pay the extra $100 night and stay at the marriott.

Room Tip: don't stay here!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Yogi P, Front Desk at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

I would like to apologize for any troubles you had at our Days Inn. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. We are under new ownership and we are making positive changes that will impact our Guest. I sincerely hope you give us an opportunity again to extend our usual hospitality. Please call us at 706-322-2522 when making your reservation my name is Janet if I can help you in anyway.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I arrived at the quality inn- now named days inn - on 5/24/13. While they had accommodated for my early arrival well ( I was traveling alone) the receptionist was courteous, when she sent me up to my room, she gave me keys to an already occupied room so I had to go down to the desk and get re-situated, received a key to a vacant room, and made my way up. Don't let the lobby and parking area fool you, they're beautiful the rooms are not. Before I received the key to the already occupied room, I had originally asked for a smoking room. I opened the door a crAck before the lock caught it and I being a smoker couldn't even stand the odor of terrible musty stale cigarette smoke. The whole building also reeks of mold in all areas but the lobby. After recieving the correct key I made my way to my room disgusted at the fact that my non- smoking room smelled about as bad as the smoking one did. But then I figured out the smell I was smelling was more mold than anything. Dissatisfied I start calling around to other hotels in the area and make a reservation somewhere else but decided to wait to move until I had some rest. Right after I make the reservation I thought I had a nose itch so I rubbed my nose to scratch it and I notice it felt like something hit my hand when I did. I look down and there's a bed bug in my lap. Frantically I jump up brushing it off me. Pack my things and leave immediately. Worst hotel I've ever been to. Not even worth the 45 dollars a night that I got as a special rate.

• Stayed: May 2013
Jim S, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

First of all I would like to apologize for the troubles you had at our Days Inn. We are now under new ownership and and they are making positive changes that will impact our guest stay.
Jim Smith
GM.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

First off the elevator was pitch dark and had no working lights , My son was scared and said it reminded him of a horor film. Our room was dirty and the sheets had hair on them. The ceiling was comming down in the bathroom around the light fixture. I got up in the night to find a german cockroach in the bathroom. The final straw was when when my wife found a broken glass crack pipe stuck in the AC vent while she was turning down the unit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Please except our deepest apologies for your previous experience at our Days Inn. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. Thank you for taking time to let us know where improvements are needed. We are making positive changes that will impact our Guest and there stay here at Days Inn. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to go above and beyond our Guest needs. Please call us at 706-322-2522 when making your reservation my name is Janet I will be more than happy to help you.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Upon entering this hotel property I thought it looked pretty nice. After a short ride up the elevator I began to wonder about the rooms due to lack of maintenance. Nothing could prepare me for what I found. The room was nasty and dated. Let me emphasize the nasty part. The shower was full of mold a few squirts with bleach would fix. The ceiling tiles were discolored and moldy from water damage. The refrigerator was moldy and the lamp had some brown stuff all over it that could have easily begin removed with a damp cloth. I'm afraid to say how long it had been there. The baseboards were disturbing. I don't think they had been cleaned in years. I would have changed hotels, but was with a group that prepaid. I told myself its just two nights and sucked it up and stayed there. There were frequent sirens due to its proximity to downtown area. The only positive was the friendly service at the breakfast area and front desk. This hotel needs a major cleaning!!! Don't waste your money here there is a difference between old and clean. This was straight nasty!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ilovetravl
Yogi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbus - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I traveled frequently and only stayed here because of its convenience to Fort Benning. This is the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. The room so disgustingly dirty and smelled that way too. The carpet was so gross I didn't take off my shoes. The lobby area is misleading and is nice but the rooms are scary dirty! The hotel is also in an area of town that is not the most desireable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tammy0530

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The lobby and the elevators look a lot better than the rooms, the walkways to your room are dark and dingy, its outside. The room was small and the carpet was dirty. I got there and the room didn't have any towels and to top this, there was chinese food in the refrigerator that someone had left, Housekeeping was not accomodating. It took so long to get fresh towels I had to call the front desk to ask them to please send Housekeeping back with towels. The room was old and uncomfortable, the bathroom looked gross. My boyfriend and I will never book the hotel again. I would have checked out after the first night, but because I used a debit card, they charged my entire stay at check in. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, I was very disappointed ;-(

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This places tv and internet service is pathetic. I have seen dial up that was faster and the tv is splotchy at best. my computer was a paperweight at this place! With basically no internet and tv splotchy it was unbelievably boring. NOT WORTH THE MONEY I SPENT. I will not stay at this hotel again. The rooms also werent that clean. there was trash under the beds from the previous people that stayed there. This one needs to be on undercover boss! If i wouldnt have spent nearly $100.00 per night i would have left and went somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends