“Exceptional service and quality”
Review of Columbus Marriott

Columbus Marriott
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 7, 2006

Great customer service IS alive after all!! Very nice hotel, conveniently located near lots of restaurants and shops. The staff was amazing! It's been a long time since I received such wonderful attention and service.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Ashanti137

Reviewed September 26, 2006

I stayed here because there were not many other options. The marriott met my expectations for a comfortable bed and a clean room. What surprised me was the price. $170 (or something like that). Hey, I have new for you Marriott.... IT IS COLUMBUS GEORGIA, which is not a huge hotbed of tourism. The concierge breakfast and snacks were good. The company paid for it, but if I had to pay out of pocket I would not have been happy. The price was just too high for the location. we ate at the restaurant there and it was good.

Stayed: August 2006
1  Thank Rzknow
Reviewed August 1, 2006

I stayed at this hotel in the days leading up to my wedding and then my wife and I stayed in the hotel's Presidential Suite for two nights following our wedding. In addition, we held our rehearsal dinner at the hotel in one of their meeting/banquet rooms. Everything about our stay was perfect.

I started off in one of their regular rooms--king sized bed, work desk, etc.--all standard hotel stuff. The bed was comfortable and the room itself was up-to-date. The wireless internet connection was nice, too!

That Friday night we had our rehearsal dinner at the hotel and everything went perfectly. They set our food up buffet style just outside the room and arranged the flowers that were bought off-site just as we expected. The room had a large video screen and projector that we showed our engagement video on--the picture was clear and the sound was good. The food was great and the service was great. All around they did a fantastic job with the rehearsal dinner.

After the wedding, my wife and I were in the Presidential Suite, which was amazing. It is a two-story suite with a lofted sleeping area and giant master bath. The master bath had a two-person jacuzzi tub and a two-person shower. There was a flat screen TV in the master bath as well. To top it off, the hotel sent us a bottle of champagne as a wedding present!

The hotel lobby also features a restaurant/bar and a coffee shop. the restaurant/bar was excellent--our out-of-town guests spent a lot of time there both before and after our rehearsal dinner.

I'm sure that we received a greater amount of attention than, say, a normal guest who was not having an event at the hotel; but, from what I could tell, all of the guests were treated well and all of the hotel staff was accommodating and courteous to everyone that they came in contact with. My wife and I now live in Columbus and I can tell you that this hotel is by far the best place to stay in town. We would definitely stay there again (if we move from Columbus, or maybe for an in-town getaway) and would recommend it to anyone that's visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank ArlingtonW
Reviewed June 6, 2006

This is a very nice hotel. It is convenient to the Columbus Convention and Trade Center and the Riverwalk. The staff was very courtesy and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2006
Reviewed April 10, 2006

A very nice hotel in a beautiful historic area. The riverwalk is about a block away and the historic homes in the area are charming. This hotel has a great restaurant (Houlihan's), it was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2005
Reviewed September 16, 2005

I came to Georgia for the first time this September for my boyfriend's Army graduation at nearby Ft. Benning. This hotel was a haven from the nasty budget hotel I had booked online, with a Southwest Airlines coupon I might add, but I didn't know of it until I got to walking around downtown. It's in a great location and the rates weren't too high. It sits right on the Chatahochee riverwalk that winds a couple miles up and down the river, makes for a nice evening stroll. It's also close by to the main night life in town on Broadway that has a variety of bars and some hit and miss restaurants that get pretty packed with an all-age crowd on the weekends.

There's also a Houlihan's restaurant in the hotel that has great lunch and a fabulous drink menu, the breakfast buffet looked good too but I didn't try it. That's the hotel's only food besides a small coffee shop that, thank god, brewed Starbucks coffee. I will absolutley stay here when I return in November and December with my parents who are total hotel snobs.

10  Thank UofATess
Reviewed May 10, 2004

Wow! This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The property is historic and has been beautifully redone. The rooms are immaculate and spacious. There is a great restaurant on the property and all of Columbus is conveniently nearby. I would highly recommend this hotel!

5  Thank deskclerk102
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront

Been to Columbus Marriott? Share your experiences!