“Not worth the money, but for a Marriott it isnt bad”
Review of Columbus Marriott

Columbus Marriott
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Milton, Georgia
“Not worth the money, but for a Marriott it isnt bad”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am pretty much used to being disappointed by Marriott and also getting nickle and dimed by them, but this property is, in general, much better than their usual fare.

First, if you are staying in downtown Columbus, this is the place to stay. You are directly across from the riverwalk, and you can walk to all the downtown bars and restaurants, some of which are actually pretty good.

The hotel itself is in an old mill, which is kind of neat. The lobby is really nice, and there is a Houlihan's in the hotel which has OK, not great, food and also a good bar. There is a very small Starbucks set up in a side room.

Now, for the not so good - the rooms are less than average. My room would not cool down well, the toilet ran incessantly, and the shower plug was broken (and caked with hair, which is disgusting). The rooms are nice enough, but as with all things Marriott, they are not worth what you pay. Thus said, however, you are not charged for parking there which surprised me since Marriott never misses a chance to wring an extra buck out of anyone. The internet is slow but they do have wireless. The workout room is pretty limited.

The elevators are about the slowest ones i have ever seen in my life. While there one of them wasnt working and several employees stood and watched as people went to try to take them, yet didnt warn them or anything. Aside from that, however, the service is generally pretty good at this location.

All said and done, this place isnt bad but also isnt worth what you pay. I will probably stay here again but not because I want to, but because I have to due to business

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank manu4t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Clanton, Alabama, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The bell hop named Reggie was a joy from the time I entered your hotel. he took me to my room, carried my luggage, and got my ice bucket full within minutes of my stay.
I noticed how he favored a celebrity and I continued to "cut up" with him every time I saw him. On my second day, he had given me directions to the pool, and a little later came outside to see if I was still there and brought me a gift, a toy "beach chair" full of snacks. He had attached a note telling me that I was someone who had "made his day".
WHAT A SWEET JESTER AND HE WAS ALWAYS THE ONE WHO MADE THE DAY FOR ME!!

Please recognize Reggie for going beyond to make your guests feel special.

Lisa Abbott
May 8 and 9, and 10, 2013

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisa A
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

It has been 9 years since we stayed at this hotel ... It was then a Wyndham. It was good then ... Now it is great! A group of us stayed here for our 45 year Infantry OCS Reunion. Everything about this hotel was extraordinary. The rooms were nice and clean, the hospitality suite was exceptional, the food was well prepared, and the service was second-to-none. The staff was as well trained as any I have ever seen ... friendly, courteous, and efficient. Overall, this was a superb experience.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank David H
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a lovely Marriott hotel that mixes the old and the new. I think they have recently done a renovation and the rooms are lovely. I really like that they have preserved some of the old mill with the hotel. I travel a lot with work and usually stay at Marriott properties and this Marriott is one of my favorites. The staff at this hotel are very nice and friendly. Joyce in the concierge lounge is very friendly and helpful in the mornings. I have also scheduled some events at this hotel and Ann Oliver is a joy to work with at this hotel. There is a train that goes right through the city of Columbus but I enjoy watching it from the room. I recommend this hotel for business travelers or leisure travel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have better views.
State Road, North Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I recently stayed there and found it lacking when compared to other Marriott properties. I the person checking me in was pretty much clueless. The room she put me in did not have the bed I requested. The closet had no doors. I there was a strange sound that I asked to have fixed and was not (note: asked the same clueless person at the desk). I have stayed at many, many Marriott properties and this is the 3rd worse.

On a positive note the food is really good.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 611.
1 Thank HotelAWeek1963
York
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great location for where I was working. Nice room. Staff at breakfast especially really great. Location good and within walking distance of places to eat but within easy drive of other areas. Restaurant has improved since the last time I stayed and I had 2 really nice meals.

• Stayed April 2013
Jacksonville
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The location is great for walking and there is a wide variety of places to eat at. It has a very small town feel for such a large city, it's ranked the state's third largest city. The people are very friendly and the employees at the hotel were very helpful in advising where to eat,shop, and park in the surrounding areas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus

Been to Columbus Marriott? Share your experiences!