“Great hotel, great location”
Review of Columbus Marriott

Columbus Marriott
Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Though we visited on a very busy weekend with a large wedding reception going on, we really enjoyed the hotel as it was in the perfect location for exploring Uptown. We loved the old mill building and the lobby was very comfortable.
Parking was a challenge with the large group and a concert going on in the Performance Center across the street, but we managed. Clearly there is a tradeoff for getting free parking!
The beds are very comfortable and the rooms were quiet until the morning when the inevitable housekeeping cart cacophony starts up, but that happens in any hotel.
I'm sure we'll stay again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Cecil W, Front Office Manager at Columbus Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Rkj1969 thank you for your response,
It’s important to us that people like you take the time to fill out these surveys so that we may find better ways of delivering great guest service to all that come through our doors. From the parking lot to our comfy pillow top beds we are here to help you relax and make you feel welcome. Thanks again rkj1969 and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Business was a pleasure at the Columbus Marriott!!
From the moment our group arrived everything was great. We were welcomed by Jasmine's happy smile behind the desk, she and the others were ready for our group and made our five day stay for business a pleasure!! Arlene, Candace, Cecil and my housekeeping Evelyn helped me feel at home daily and the trip was made extra special with out tour guide, helper, bell man, Robert Harris!!
Rooms and beds were great!! My view of the old bridge and all brick architecture was nice, I also like trains, so the train seemed to add charm without disturbing my sleep. The history of the mill and the town is fascinating, check it out for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Karen,

Thank you for writing such a kind and thoughtful review. All of the staff that got a chance to interact with you during your stay have been very pleased to know that they left such a positive impression on you. I hope that you will come stay with us again, we look forward to it.

Thank you!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Visiting from Michigan for the week and were thoroughly impressed with the hospitality offered by this Marriott. Jasmine S. found us a room when all hotels (including this one we thought) were booked due to a large conference in the area. She was polite, professional and very accommodating towards us. The lady in the Concierge lounge was also sweet as pie. Room was clean with heavy high-quality furniture, which was appreciated as we had a 14-month-old crawling around. Overall, top notch place to stay while in the Columbus/Fort Benning area. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ann D
Reviewed September 17, 2012

this has got to be the best hotel experience I have had in a long time. From the moment we arrived, the staff was professional, yet very polite and personable. Reginald greeted us and my grandson absolutely adored him. The desk staff amde us feel at home for the 4 days that we were in your city. We were treated like family and made some great friends. Jasmine and Candace assisted us with directions to wherever we wanted to go. They even painstakenly told us where the Krispy Creme Donut place was. Smile. We are looking forward to visiting again soon. Thank-you for making a long experience, a good experience.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, but I believe that any floor there is great. My grandson enjoyed learning...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I would like to thank Ms Jasmine Smith. She was so awesome and timely. She was the high light of my stay. She helped me and my softball teammates with reservations, room service, wake up calls. She is the marriott way of customer service. I highly recommend this marriot because of its maid service and desk service. Loved it........

Room Tip: room was right off the elevator and very easy to find.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deshaun W
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Our stay here were just marvelous! We had a great time as well as enteracting with the staff. I'll like to say if you are planning any event, do make this place your first choice. They will accommodate your needs. I had the pleasure of meeting a few of the staff one on one, while planning our 10th wedding anniversary. Amanda is no longer there, but she was wonderful. Ms. Ann I will never forget how she made sure our needs were met. To Ms.Sho-Shawn, Ms. Mary, Ms. Jasmine, Ms. Christina, Ms. Stephaine, Mr. Cecil, Mr. Eric and Ms. Liz and her entire staff each of you went far and beyond the call of duty. Even though we live here, we decided to stay an extra night. Please try the corner rooms.

P.S. So leave the light on, we will be back!

Room Tip: corner suites better
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at the Columbus Marroit for several days on a recent business trip. My accomadations were very neat and clean. The service was excellant and I was treated with a great deal of warmth and sothern hospitality. Jasmine Smith at the front desk was courteous friendly and very professional. She went out of her way to be helpful in making my stay a home away from home. This is the only hotel I would stay in in Columbus as I have over the last 10 years.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus

Been to Columbus Marriott? Share your experiences!