“Did not enjoy stay check in clerk not professional nasty.”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Did not enjoy stay check in clerk not professional nasty.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus can be a wonderful place stay for any reason. The problem can be if you have the same clerk I had during my arrival to the Hilton. He was not patient nor informative. When he was asked about a room that was offered to me he replied without checking the computer it is not available and that was not until he was approached the second time. I hope your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbus is more pleasant than mine was. I may try another location when I get my nerves settled. It is all about professionalism.

Room Tip: Upon checking in, if it is your first time at a Hilton Garden Inn Columbus please have all informati...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Janica J
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, March 17, 2016
Thank you for allowing our hotel to be of service to you during your recent stay in Columbus. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience.

Amanda Ryals - Area Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Massachusetts
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The weather was supposed to be unseasonably warm, so my husband and I decided to go away for the weekend. We headed to Columbus, GA. We had booked the hotel online, but an error occured and the room was booked for the wrong night. The staff was easy to deal with and pleasant. They fixed everything quickly with no hassles.
The hotel was beautiful with a small lake, fountains, many plants and even a bird feeder. Inside was clean and well cared for with a small bar/restaurant and breakfast area off the lobby. The pool and hot tub were delightful. The room was clean, comfortable and had a nice view of the lake. We also had a delicious breakfast before heading home.
It was a fun weekend and we will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Staying on this hilton property i had one of the greatest experiences that i have had in most hotels, Upon arrival i was checked in by a young man named Micha and he informed us on everything that we needed to know and greeted us with a great smile. The location was great we had a lake side view which was very peacful and calm. Just to try out the service of the hotel my wife and I called down to the front desk with a few minor fictional problems that could have been a nuisance but each assocate treated us with great attitudes and moved in a very quick manner! I would promote people to stay here more often because this hotel has a lot to offer! and the service is GREAT!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers face the lake!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The room was perfect and staff was friendly. There was a bar which had very reasonable prices.I do wish they had a free breakfast bar of some kind. We stayed over night on our way to Savannah. The room was very quiet and also had a few lakes around it with a nice walking track

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Having spent our entire day traveling 3 hrs to reach Columbus and then spending all day at the soccer field after dinner I did expect that we could return to our hotel and go directly to bed. We found upon returning a large party going on on the first floor, we on the 2nd. It was 8:45pm so I called the desk and they said we could move to a smoking floor (my children are affected by smoke) or wait because the loud music would end at 9pm. I decided to wait it out, our family got into their pajamas and attempted to sleep. 9pm came & went and the loud music continued. I called down to the front desk again and was informed the party had bought 2 more hours of time and I could change rooms to a smoking floor but that the party would not be over until 11pm as the party had bought 2 more hours of time. I called Hilton corporate and they also said they could not help us. I called the Columbus police who came out and said that although this party was breaking a noise ordinance, because it was only affecting the guests and not a personal home next to the hotel that there was nothing to be done. He then told me to contact the owner of the hotel Councilman Glen Davis. I found a phone number for Mr. Davis and left a message on his voice mail saying that I was not a satisfied customer. I know that he received this message because the front desk told me they had spoken to him yet Mr. Davis refused to help my family as an individual consumer and chose the people having the party over us. My son has autism and although he is high functioning and I usually try my best not to pull the "autism card", change does not go well with him and by that point it was 10 pm so I felt to change rooms AND to a smoking floor would have been too much for him. The party was told to turn down their music, so they would but moments later the volume would return to it's unbearable level. It finally stopped at 11pm and my 2 young children were only then able to go to sleep. Our rights as individuals were clearly taken away in exchange for those in the large loud party. We will NEVER come to this hotel again and if you like to actually sleep in hotels at a reasonable hour, I would suggest that you don't also.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here get a room on the top floor in order to get some sleep
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Tracy C

Fortson, GA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm a little late getting this done but here goes.
I had my wedding at this hotel on 2 September 2012 (yes, Labor Day) and I cannot say enough good things about it. I have done business with this hotel for a few years for work and when I went to find a site to get married and have a reception, I inquired here. I had dealt with Amanda Ryals (Area Director of Sales) in the past when I had personnel come to the Columbus area for business so I contacted her when I needed an estimate on having my wedding and reception there. She handed me off to her wedding coordinator, Gayla Johnson and we started working the details. Long story short, Gayla and Amanda were able to get all the details I wanted at the right price so I booked my wedding and reception with them instead of another venue in Columbus.
All the pre-planning was done effortlessly and I got GREAT room rates for all the family coming from out of town. One small thing I didn't care for was a last minute change (literally a week before the wedding) from Gayla to another person as my point of contact for all wedding and reception plans. It seems Gayla was about to take another position within the Hilton Garden Inn and Natalie was her replacement. This worried me a bit as I don't like to deal with certain people for months and at the last minute have that person hand it off to someone else but again, the staff was very professional and the wedding went off without a hitch and Natalie did a great job. The hotel let us in at 8am the morning of the wedding to start setting up our decorations in the Azalea room (they would have let us do it the night before but they had another wedding that night). They were always very helpful in getting items we needed and even let my bride to be use a room to get ready before the wedding which they didn't have to do.
The wedding was held outside and it went off without a hitch and the reception was equally smooth. Natalie was always around if needed and that was good to see although we really didn't run into any problems since the staff there had a handle on this event from the moment we signed the contract.
We had a buffet style dinner and everyone that attended mentioned how good the food was and how much there was. Hat's off to the chef and catering staff on that one.
All our families that stayed at the hotel had great experiences with their rooms and the hotel staff.
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and especially the staff. Amanda Ryals is the epitome of what a Sales Director should be. Gayla and Natalie were superb in planning and coordinating the wedding and reception.
I would not hesitate to have another occasion at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Campo57

Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We booked my sons wedding rehearsal dinner with this property, and booked several rooms for all of our out of town guests (which was everyone) through the weekend. The property was convenient, very clean, great ammenities, and an absolutely beautiful and calm setting with a pond and outdoor terraces on which to enjoy our family and friends. We can not be happier with how everything turned out, from the rooms to the rehearsal dinner event. The banquet room was lovely, but what really made the event was the spectacular (homemade) food and convenience for all the guests.

Our entire family is from across the US, and the groom is from another area outside Atlanta, so we heavily relied on assistance from the Sales Manager, Gayla Johnson to help us out from the long distance. Every time I talked with Gayla she was very calming and reassuring that all would be taken care of, and it was! She was my right hand guiding me to the appropriate vendors, menu, rooms, and everything in between. I can not thank her enough for all that she did, and always with a smile on her face.

The entire staff was very willing to make anything right so that our weekend could be the special event that it was, thanks to all of you !

IndyMom

Room Tip: Request a pond side room if staying longer than one night
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
amandaryals, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for allowing our hotel and staff to be a part of such a special family event! We take great pride in knowing that we will be a part of great memories for years to come. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your comments and know they will be passed along to all of our team members as well. Please keep us in mind for future events and we wish you and your family much happiness on the new addition to your family!