We travel a lot with out athletic team and usually don't have time to focus on the hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn Columbus leaves us considering devoting more attention to the lodging details even though we spend little time at the hotels.
I wasn't in charge of the hotel selection or negotiating the price so I can't speak to the arrangements that were made for the group but our coordinator did a great job. Considering the rate we were paying I was amazed to find that the location was convenient to our venue, the property was beautiful, and the lobby and common areas had designer details and was well maintained.
We were in Columbus for a 5-day athletic event with 12 teenage girls, most with their families so I'm sure we were a challenge for the hotel. In spite of this the staff--from the front desk to the maintenance personnel--were pleasant and accommodating. Our room was comfortable, quiet, and well-equipped relative to the rate we were paying.
It got better once we met for our first breakfast. The breakfast was good and there were numerous options. The cook was very accommodating and patient considering that our entire group converged on her with our orders about the same time as the business guests. The wait staff was proactive in meeting our needs.
We used the laundry room every night to wash uniforms. It served out needs nicely.
CONS: There was a scratch in the ceiling over our bed. Okay, so I couldn’t think of anything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience True Southern Hospitality nestled in a tranquil lakeside setting. Full service hotel convenient to many business locations such as Ft. Benning, Aflac, Synovus, TSYS, W. C. Bradley, Southern Company and many more. Attractions such as The River Center for the Performing Arts, Columbus Civic Center, Columbus Riverwalk, Columbus Convnetion & Trade Center, CSU, Cunningham Center, Golden Park, Memorial Stadium, Woodruff Farm Soccer Complex, Columbus Aquatic Center, Springer Opera House, The hotel features a Full Service Restaurant and Lounge; indoor pool; whirlpool, in room whirlpool suites, room service, business center. Beautiful Ballroom that can accommodate up to 225 people for any special event. Garden area overlooking lake with gorgeous gazebo. Ideal location for weddings and receptions. Full service catering and specialty menus. Military Reunions, Corporate Meetings, Weddings, Sports Teams, - Come see us today for a personal tour! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Columbus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Hilton Columbus
- Columbus Hilton Garden Inn