“Stay to visit Fort Benning”

Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed at Hampton Inn to visit my son in Fort Benning, Georgia. The place is well-lit with big parking lot. Pool looked very nice, but I did not have time to use it. I enjoyed the breakfast there. Room was extremely clean. There was a note stating duvet cover was just freshly laundered. Very nice hotel. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Joe I

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Excellent hotel! A little pricey but worth it. Location to the BASE is THE BEST and within walking distance of the NIM. Internet could use improving, but is available The standard queen room is not big enough for a rollaway. Refrigerator and microwave in room allow for minimizing expenses for the family (though the refrigerator is small) Great Friendly Service, GREAT location, Great comfort.

1  Thank Karen K
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Awesome hotel. We stayed for weekend pass to see our Grandson at Fort benning. It was amazing! we were so close to the National infantry Museum we walked from the hotel. The staff were wonderful. The breakfast was great.The beds were very comfortable. Just can't say enough about this hotel. Book this hotel you won't be sorry!!!!

1  Thank charlene d
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent facilities including workout room, quiet location close to Fort Benning and walking distance to the new Infantry Museum, very accommodating staff. Very enjoyable stay at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandra J
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was a good experience and I would recommend the hotel to others. I intend on saying again. I don't feel that requiring 200 characters is appropriate. I feel that I have said all that I need to say in less than 200 characters. Requiring 200 characters takes away from the intent of the survey. So I recommend the hotel highly but I do not like being forced to provide a minimum of 200 characters in this section. You should consider removing this requirement from an otherwise good survey.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Phillip A
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great Hotel, closest hotel to the graduation of soldiers. Super quiet and safe. The cleanness of the rooms and the help of the staff was super. The appearance of the hotel is superb. Everything was in place, and everything I needed was waiting for me. The cleaning staff was super good and helpful. Very proficient at their jobs.

1  Thank Kenneth H
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Comfortable room. Service could have improved. We, my wife and I, stay a total of five nights. Staff were very friendly. The hotel was located right next to Ft. Benning, which was very convenient for us. They served eggs every morning for breakfast. The eggs always seemed to be powdered eggs, which never taste good. The variety at breakfast was adequate given it was included in the price of the hotel room. The first day we arrived, we noticed that sheets on one of the two queen-sized beds had blood on them, so we never used that bed. The last day we spent at the hotel, the room was not serviced--bath not cleaned nor the bed we used was made up. We told the staff the next morning as we were checking out. She said she would report it.

2  Thank James D