“Great Place”

Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed for our Grandson's Airborne graduation. Very quiet, easy access to the Riverwalk. We thought we would have problems with partying soldiers but it never happened. Walking distance to Infantry Museum which was awsum. Not many options for dinning close by but beautiful surroundings. We will stay there again.

3  Thank Edward A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel was run very well and the room rates were very reasonable. The Staff was friendly and engaging. This hotel was perfect for my needs on this trip. I would receommend that if you are in Columbus GA and need a clean mostly quiet place to stay that you choose this Hampton Inn. The breakfast bar could have been a little better, but it was just he eggs that were rather tasteless; everything else at the breakfast mal was fantastic and it was free. Internet speed was very fast and there were plenty of channels to watch a movie on. The gym had dumbells which was nice foir my workout

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Ken R
Cindy M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

thank you so much for your kind words about the property and staff. I'm glad you enjoyed using the gym and I hope when your in Columbus you can stay at your home away from home.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Visiting my soldier and was very happy with my stay at this Hampton Inn. It's proximity to the Infantry Museum was wonderful. The staff were super friendly and accomodating. The continental breakfast was also delicious. They had coffee, tea, and hot chocolate all day which is wonderful since I drink coffee at varying times of the day. I got a king room and it was fantastic. Loved the comfortable bed. Everything was clean. The only complaint would be the price. You're paying for the location and I believe if I would have used my HHonors points, it was 20,000 per night which is slightly crazy. But other than that, I give this Hampton Inn two thumbs up!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel was in the perfect location for attending events held at Ft. Benning. The staff was extremely helpful, friendly, professional, and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Our family had a very enjoyable experience and would highly recommend this
property to everyone.

4  Thank Karen W
Cindy M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Here at our property we strive to make your stay with us the best it can be. We look forward to having you stay with us again and we want you to be a loyal customer of ours at Hampton Ft.Benning. See you on your next stay ...

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is the nicest Hampton property in which I have ever stayed. Lovely! Every staff member I encountered was helpful, professional, and so very pleasant. I would highly recommend this property--it will not disappoint. It is adjacent to the Infantry Museum...such an impressive, and powerful experience. A must see! The location is tucked away, yet so convenient to downtown Columbus, Ft. Benning, and the highway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Sissy333

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come stay with us again when you come back to Cloumbus Ga.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

while Posted at Ft Benning we had family members stay in the new Hampton Inn. they loved their room and felt very pampered during their stay. since we had several events to attend the hotel was perfect since it was near the museum and it was also close to all the other events on post

4  Thank Robert Y

I'm so glad your family members had a great stay with us. I hope they 'll return soon to the area and come stay with us again. Thank you for giving us your business ...

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Sharon in reception did a fantastic job helping me make reservations by phone, definitely making sure I selected the BEST rate. The hotel is beautiful and the breakfast was excellent. Highly recommend this hotel to family and friends attending family weekend or graduation at Fort Benning! BTW-A personal PS to Sharon...She said YES!!! ;-)

6  Thank Eab609