Home2 Suites by Hilton Columbus
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Columbus(Columbus)
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitfront deskmini kitchenbreakfast sandwichsofa bedoatmealnice hotelcomplimentary breakfastbathroom doorhome away from homerooms are spaciouswould definitely stay here againgreat place to stayshopping and restaurantsfort benningson's graduationnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2013

When I made my resevation I told the person I was paying cash for two night stay. She said," no problem we just need a credit card to hold the room, but won't be charge. When I got to the hotel I told the front desk I was paying cash for the room. He said that was fine I would have to put a $60.00 deposit for the room and pay in advance for the two night stay. I was interrupted twice during breakfast about the deposit.I just threw my food away and went to the room and got the $60.00. I wasn't prepare to put a deposit so it took away from my vacation money. I did my research after the situation and you don't have to put a deposit on some hotels room . You can protest it. I didn't want to upset my family so I paid the $60.00.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was my first stay at a Home2 Suite. As a Hilton’s Diamond, I was excited to try something new. They did not thank me for being a Diamond but I did get a “chip” to trade in for a treat—they do this for Gold and Diamond.

This location was great for me. Very close to the airport, rental cars, restaurants, shopping, Interstates, etc. (Fresh Market, Starbucks, Bonefish, Publix, etc)

I like the concept of the suite hotel and the modern décor. I read the complaint about the thin floors so I requested the fourth floor pre check in.

I was in a studio suite for four nights and there was a lot of noise from the hall (from the cleaning staff and other guests) There is a rubber strip on the bottom of the door but that does not seem to help with noise. Doors just seem thin—at times, I had a flashback to the dormitory in college.

Room was overall comfortable—the light fixtures in the kitchenette tended to vibrate loudly—I could stand on the ottoman and tighten them and it would stop for a while

Bathroom and Kitchenette were well equipped. (Not sure if they have bathtubs in any of the rooms?) The shower had the shampoo and shower gel (mine was empty) in dispensers on the wall. If you want extras like conditioner or lotion, you must request at the front desk.

Business Center is basic. Just the computers (2) in the lobby with a printer. You have to borrow anything else from the front desk—stapler, tape, etc.

The breakfast is continental with a few items that you can heat yourself—tea and coffee available 24/7. The fitness center is great—nice and spacious and with working equipment. I like the fact that they combine the laundry room with the fitness center-makes sense for a great use of space.

Questionable parts of the stay:

1. One was finding a bug in the bathroom upon the return to my room one night—I left the lights off and when I turned them on I saw a huge bug. When I called downstairs to tell the front desk, he was like, “oh, that’s just Georgia, I just moved here and when it rains, they come inside. He didn’t offer to move me to another room but he did offer to remove it and he did say that he would tell the manager. I had already killed it and as you can see, I took the time to measure this one with a ruler because he was so large (IMO). Note: to be fair when I mentioned it to the front desk the next day, they said that they would tell maintenance and did offer to move me to another room.

2. My room was on the side located next to an Erbert Gerbert’s restaurant so I could hear folks placing orders at the drive through. Turning the fan or TV on takes care of this but it could be annoying at times. I imagine it was worse if you were on a lower floor.

Great part of Stay:

I left my iphone on the radio charger in the room and the cleaning staff returned it to me. After I left the room, I went to the lobby and talked on another phone for about 20 minutes—as I was getting into my car later, someone was yelling at me—it was the staff trying to get me attention—they were returning the phone. I thought that was super nice and unusual.

Overall, I like the Home2suites concept and I am going to check some more out as I travel. Not sure if I will stay at this one again though. I really liked the concept, décor, staff but not sure about the loud take-out speaker and the bug.

Room Tip: Request room on the car dealership side--quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ResortSpaLady
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is an awesome place.Big room with a big fridge.The best GM EVER(Rachel Lamar).The VP of sales and marketing(Michelle Spivey) is also the best.They along with the rest of the staff took care of me above and beyond.The place was really clean thanks to the great housekeepers and Alfie.I would not stay anywhere else while in columbus,GA

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Clean, new and overall comfortable. Very nice desk staff. A little noisy. Lots of foot traffic could be heard and plumbing was noisy. A couple of housekeeping items could be improved upon - towels were not soft and one was questionably clean... The soap dispenser in the shower was broken.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Staff was outstanding. Very friendly and helpful. The Hotel is in a great location and nice. The beds were really nice and comfortable. The kitchen was a real nice bonus compared to other rooms with a kitchenette.