“Awesome Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Charles, United States
“Awesome Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Love this hotel and concept. It is a winner. Great for overnight stays as well. You get a huge suite for the price of a regular room. Breakfast was great with a lot of healthy options and the service was awesome. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Even though I did online pre-check in and selected a 4th floor room, when I arrived at the hotel, they placed me in a 3rd floor room. At the time, I did not think this was going to be a big deal. I could not have been more wrong! Unfortunately, the occupant in the room above me was not only a heavy walker, but they had no concept of hotel etiquette, stomping around and closing doors loudly ALL NIGHT LONG!!! This person never stopped walking, and when I complained to the front desk the next morning, they told me this person did tell them he was up all night. I certainly could have told them that. I am not sure of the construction of this newer hotel, but it certainly seems to me they scimped on the sound barrier material between floors. And the fact they gave my pre-selected room away causes me to rate this hotel as average at best. This coupled with the very bland breakfast and the price I paid for the room, I should have selected a different hotel, and would have paid less.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Sumter, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

My Family & I enoyed our stay at Home2 Suites Columbus, GA. The hotel is clean, beautiful, comfortable, and staff is helpful and friendly. I would rate this hotel one of the best extended stay hotels and would reccomend it highly. Will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rachel L, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hi Ms. Pearl,

I would like to thank you so much for taking the time out to write us a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you the next time you are in Columbus. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest our employees.

Have a wonderful day!

Upland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel was a bit of a disappointment for me. A little background: I am a loyal HHonors member who has racked up millions of points over the years. I understand the company portfolio very well and have stayed in hundreds of their US based hotels. So when I heard about the new brand I was very excited. It was for naught though, because this hotel really brings nothing new. This is typical Hilton, and isn't for me. I am a big fan of Homewood Suites, because of the large rooms, and free dinner. This hotel is nothing like a Homewood, and kinda falls into a space around a Hampton Inn. It is kinda like a modern Hampton Inn, targeted towards those who like their room to look like it is on a starship. It has several negatives, that affect this brand and this location specifically. My room was not really a "suite" for starters, more like a slightly larger than average room. It was similar to an Embassy Suites room, but one of the Junior type suites. It had a full size fridge, and plates and stuff, but only had a microwave to cook with, but they did have a sign saying that they had hot plates available to use from the front desk for free. That seems reasonable to me, but why not just have them in the rooms? The room was very modern, and while it looks pretty, it just isn't that comfortable, or functional. They were pumping this brand as having some sort of tech wall with places to charge your devices, but all I had were some outlets, and most of them didn't work, leaving me feeling worse off for charging than most hotels. Not even one of those charge ports that the Hamptons have added. Another huge drawback is that they allow pets, and seem to promote it, have a picture of a dog on the keycard, and advertising it. I mean I know that sometimes I have to stay in hotels that allow pets, but this was a huge disappointment. This hotel is already aging and it is almost brand new, and the pets thing will just make it worse. My room was not serviced the day that I was there, so that is a knock. I understand that they don't do a full service every day, but i got absolutely no service, which isn't what I paid for. The breakfast sucks, compared to Homewood, and even compared to Hampton. You have to toast your own little english muffin based cheese topper, that Hampton regulars will be familiar with, but at Hampton they heat it up for you. Other than that there just isn't anything substantial for you eat at breakfast, which is great for Gen Y who is all into health and stuff, but I am just a little to old to be into that stuff, I mean within reason, but I skip lunch, to work, so I need some food! The room floors are hard, because they use that new thin carpet look, so bring some soft slippers, or something. The couch was comfortable and they had tons of channels, so that was a saving grace, but no lotion or conditioner immediately brought them back down! I just can't in good conscience recommend this hotel as a first choice, but it isn't "bad" so if this is the only thing you can get, don't be worried, just don't think it will be the best thing ever either. I think I got my expectations too high, and so my opinion got a little down, but the truth is I didn't like staying here, and will avoid it, if possible. Oh, one of the girls that worked the front desk had a hurt arm, and she was very cute and nice, so that was a plus.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

The room was awesome, very spacious. The size of the refrigerator and the convenience of a mini kitchen could not have been better. We go to Columbus every year and will definitely be staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rachel L, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time out to review or hotel here on Trip Advisor. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you come back and stay with us again on your next trip!

Again, Thank you!

Montgomery, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is very clean and has updated technology. When you walk in, it has a great aroma. The fitness center is great. The rooms are clean. You have a full refrigerator and a dishwasher. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Additionally, across the street are shopping areas and restaurants to choice from.

Jessica,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We really apprciate you taking the time to do that. We would love to have you back during your next trip to Columbus!

Have a great weekend!

Lynchburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Wonderful! Clean, modern, good location. Good staff. No sample toiletries though - just a dispenser of soap and shampoo in the shower. No lotion or conditioner. And none available at the suite in the lobby.

Hi Catherine,

We would like to thank you for your nice review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I saw where you had mentioned lotion and conditioner not being available. You are right about them not being in the room but, we do have complimentary bottles down at the front desk by request. We would love to have you back then next time you are here in Columbus!

Again, I thank you and I hope you have a great weekend!