“Unexpected bonus in my old hometown.”
Review of Columbus Museum

Columbus Museum
Ranked #4 of 45 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: The second largest art museum in Georgia offers room after room of fine and decorative American art, with a special emphasis on the Southeast and the Chattahoochee River Valley. With kids in tow, don't miss Transformations, the museum's interactive gallery where children can create their own masterpieces.
Denver, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unexpected bonus in my old hometown.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I believe I probably visited when I was a kid in Columbus, when it was still the Bradley Museum. Who can remember that far back, though ?
The main exhibit floor surprised me. I didn't expect to find so many things of interest in a local (IOW, non-Smithsonian class) museum. They've done a great job here.
The bottom floor is a school-age kid exclusive floor, this of no interest if crayons are in your distant past.
The current Andy Warhol exhibit on the top floor may be of interest to fans. In my case, it reinforced my distinct lack of interest in almost anything Warholesque. Different strokes for different folks, though.

Visited September 2013

Peachtree City, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Place to Take the Kids”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The entrance for the Museum is free, it has a great area for kids to play downstairs, with puppets, a stage, and some other areas for hands on activities the little kids will love (under 8 +/-). I liked the exhibits, specially the history of the Chattahoochee area, nicely done. They stay open late on Thursdays, and the museum was not crowded at all.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank marta30269
Valley, AL
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Place”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was very surprised at how many displays the museum has. It was great. Will go back again. Lots of history and art displays.

Visited August 2013
North Pole, Alaska
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Must See Spot”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We go often to the museum and it's great everytime. It has the history of our area as well as revolving exhibits and a childrens discovery area.

Visited July 2013
Columbus, Georgia
164 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“Yeah History!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Excellent museum. Well presented display of the story of Columbus. Not heavily promoted, we lived here several years before hearing about it. Uncrowded, easy in and out. Pleasant experience.

Visited April 2013

Been to Columbus Museum? Share your experiences!