“Second attempt worst than the first.”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #44 of 557 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbus, GA
“Second attempt worst than the first.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I don't have the experience of having tried other Bonefish restaurants as has the previous reviewer. However, I wholeheartedly second the reviewers feelings and experience.

I reserved review after a very disappointing first experience when the restaurant opened. My wife chose to go back, and I went with an open mind. My experience is about the same, bad. There are some chain restaurants that do a good job, but this one in Columbus fails miserably.

In these tough times when it is difficult to find a night to go out, you want that time to be enjoyable. You don't want to waste your time or money on an experience that ruins your evening.

This time the experience was worse and more frustrating then the first very bad experience where diners had the option to eat at different times, but I opted not to eat after being served an insultingly prepared signature dish. The talapia imperial contained three tiny bits of tough suspected scallops, and nothing else. I picked through it to find a piece of shrimp but nothing else was there. I waited for what seemed like ten minutes while the waitress talked to her friends at a table right in front of me until she gave me her attention. It did not seem to connect that the dish was not what it was supposed to be. Instead, "Oh, you do not like the dish?"

You can't let stuff like that leave the kitchen, or is this just what they do here? This is just what happened the last time I went where I sent back a well done burger that was ordered medium rare, twice, before just giving up and eating nothing. This time I was not playing that game and told them to just take it back. Who wants to go out and have to eat your dinner at a different time than those eating with you? Who wants to take the chance of getting another miserable dish? Who wants to have to pay to eat something that is just bad?

It was very cold in the restaurant. There was no bread served with the meal although other tables around us had this. An aloof poorly trained server made the evening worse and even more frustrating. To add insult to injury the manager who shows up after the dish was sent back decided to come and blame me for "not liking the dish." The discussion was surreal, and I decided it was not worth explaining the problem to her as she just had no clue.

When all was done, I received the check with an overly sweet "I'm sorry you did not like your dish, here is your check." One person got to eat and both had a miserable experience, but the check was over $40.

I won't take the chance of having another evening stolen from me. I won't ever again pay Bonefish for the opportunity of slopping me poor quality poorly prepared food delivered by poorly trained staff. We have other restaurants in Columbus that do a much better job.

3 Thank Stompper

Seward
“Sub-par”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Extremely substandard:

This review is only relevant to the Columbus, GA location. I have enjoyed dinning at this chain in Jacksonville, FA and Macon, GA (multiple times at each). I have dinned at this location twice, on differing nights with the same outcome. It is simply substandard to the brand.

The service at every level was awful. This last occurrence was on a Sunday night (2/10/13) which is not very busy. First of all, we had a reservation and had requested a booth in the back of the restaurant and were told that was fine. Upon arrival, with much disdain, we were told that the booth was not available. Some may not think this is important, yet we did this specifically because my father-in-law is hard of hearing and we are well aware that the restaurant is notoriously loud. This is not a big issue, but it is the tip of the iceberg. Training: The person taking the reservation should not promise a table they can not deliver.

We took our seats and drink orders were immediately taken. That was nice. The wait person (Brittany) soon took our food order and the service began to crumble from there. Our orders (3) of Bang Bang Shrimp came out immediately. That was nice, but one of two dinner salads arrived at the same time - not good. Also not good, we had to ask THREE times for our cocktails and glasses of water. They came shortly prior to the entrees. Mind you the appetizers had been served and eaten.

The entrees were less than par. My husband's salad had been forgotten and was not delivered until we reminded our server. My "Kate's Haddock" seemed to be leftover and microwaved as well as my husbands "Imperial Wolfish". The crab cakes my in-laws ordered were totally dry. All entrees were quite awful and we asked for the manager. She never materialized. Either she was not told, was not there or was too busy.

Very poor management and training of the staff. The Columbus GA location is one bad apple in the cart.

1 Thank SewardJust_a_post
Atlanta, GA
“Very nice experience”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Be prepared that on Friday and Saturday nights that this place is packed out and you'll have a 30 min wait at times. That said, the food was wonderful and the service was equally fantastic. We ordered all appetizers that came out perfectly. Our bar drinks were just as they should be, if not better. Before we were seated, we sat outside for our 30 min wait and were pleasantly served Saucy Shrimp samples by a staff member. Nice touch and much appreciated.

Crestview, Florida
“Bang Bang Shrimp”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had the pleasure of celebrating our parents' 63rd anniversary at Bonefish Grill. This was the first time they had eaten there and really enjoyed it all. The service was great and we loved the Bang Bang shrimp. Our entrees were all excellent and would highly recommend others to go and try it out.

Huntsville, Alabama
“A hidden jewel in Columbus”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

A great surf and turf grill with all the right stuff, food, service and value. One of the best grill of its kind...including other Bonefish grills in various other cities and states. We will definitely revisit at every opportunity. Cheers to the staff and management!

• Visited January 2013