“A very good Choice!!”

Wingate by Wyndham Columbus / Fort Benning
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I just stayed here for the 2nd or 3rd time this stay was 5 nights. Overall this place is very clean. Regardless of your reason for visiting the Columbus, GA area, this hotel is a great choice. The hotel is close to restaurants.. The hotel is quite. The rooms are very good size, with comfortable beds, complete with small frig & microwave & a bathroom that gives you all the space you need to lay out your toiletries and a very comfortable chair and work area
The pool is good (outside) also has a fitness room and business center,(with 2 computer stations) The staff is very friendly & helpful. Search for the best internet rate and can get and stay here, you won’t regret it..Breakfast is average.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed February 14, 2012

My daughter & I stayed at this hotel for one week for Fort Benning's graduation in February 2012. Awesome! Every employee we talked to was very nice. The beds were so comfortable, I could have taken one home. Hotel was very clean and the breakfast was good. The location was great, it was by everything, and easy to get around to shop and eat. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to this area especially for Fort Benning visitors. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

having grown up in Columbus, I have never had to book a hotel before and was shocked by the poor reviews and high rates of local economy travel chains.

We got a very good rate via Orbitz and were very pleased by the cleanliness, amenities and staff of this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2011

In the past my family have loved this hotel. In the last couple years however it has gone down hill for us. They took alot of amenities away that used to make this a place special. No more glass coffee cups or tumbler glasses. The reception they have is now only mon-wed. They used to serve the sausage gravy in the morning but we havent seen that in a couple years. We got dingy dirty looking towels, not even sure if they were cleaned. Maids did NOT do a good job cleaning our room everyday. My mom and sister walked into their room and it smelled really bad. This is not the service we are used to from this hotel. Its a shame. We will not be going back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The customer service while checking in was very welcoming and helpful. Thank you to Tasha for recommending a room to fit my stay. It was very spacious and clean and comfortable. I was able to use the Gold's Gym pass and was very thankful that I didn't have to pay a daily rate at a local gym. I will most definitely use this hotel again on my return trips to Columbus/Ft Benning.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My daughter, friend, and myself stayed at this hotel 3/24 to 3/27. We were there to visit my daughter's boyfriend at Ft. Benning. The hotel was located so that our trip to the base was easy. I must say that this was one of the most pleasant hotels I have ever stayed at. From the moment I checked in to the minute I checked out, I was pleased with the hotel and its staff.
Our rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. We had no trouble getting assistance from housekeeping with extra towels and aminities. Tina, our housekeeper, was so friendly and helpful. She provided us with local sites to see and information on back ways to those sites that made them easy to find. She spent time making sure our stay was good and she was so funny. Thanks, Tina.
The front desk person was funny and welcoming each time we entered and left the hotel. I was welcomed and wished a good day everytime I left and asked if I had a good day when I returned. Talk about southern hospitality.
The breakfast was really good.
I am planning to return to Columbus for bootcamp graduation and I will be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Let me start by saying I have never stayed at a Wingate before and I will never stay at another one in my lifetime. This was by far the worst hotel stay I have ever had and I have stayed at quite a few. From check in to check out and inbetween was a nightmare. I checked in at 10:30 at night only to find my TV did not work. I was told it was unplugged and would need to be plugged in, what? I couldn't turn the light off without turning the TV off because of the way the switch was wired. My room connected to the room next door with a locked door. My neighbor snored so loudly I felt as if a lawn service was cutting the grass in my room all night long every night I was there. I asked to move to another room and was told they were all sold out and no rooms were available due to an air show that weekend.

Construction started bright and early Friday and Saturday morning all day long. The halls were blocked with workers, cords and housekeeping carts. Not to mention the jackhammer and drills going non-stop throughout the entire day. What a complete nightmare.

Upon check out, I left my robe on the hook in the bathroom, I called immediately to get it retrieved but was told it was never turned in. I was assured that housekeeping cleans all rooms thoroughly after check-out and they would have found it, really? Then why wasn't my robe turned in to lost and found if the room was cleaned so thoroughly by housekeeping - did they take it and maybe forget to turn it in? The staff at this facility was absolutely the worst I have ran across in years.

I have decided if you pay less, you get less and this was the case at the Wingate in Columbus Georgia - NEVER, EVER again. I will make sure that everyone I come in contact with knows this. Fortunately, I work in this industry so you better believe my voice will be heard loud and clear. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone I know - EVER!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo