“Smoker's Heaven” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Kansas City, Missouri
“Smoker's Heaven”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed there recently and after three nights of getting cigarrette smoke from adjacent non-smoking rooms into my room, my military installation encouraged me to check out. The room was "clean" as far as surfaces..but cigarrette smell (old and new as well) was always present. Not sure how other folks got their room cleaned daily (maybe they paid extra$$), but mine didn't clean in all 3 nights I stayed. I had to spend $10 in deodorizers and Lysol, just to stay one step ahead of smoker's. To no avail. The front desk simply stated that they had a problem with the hotel recirculating fans (not working properly) AND told me that they had just dicovered that problem just before I reported it, that morning. Believable...right?. The 3rd night, just before I checked out (my military installation told me to leave the place ASAP)...disorderly conducyt past midnight...went completely unchecked. Your call if you want to stay here....it's cheaper than others in the area. But take a hint if at the time of checking in, they do not verbally brief you on a non-smoking room policy and penalties for such. They just don't enforce it, and the manager is indifferent + will insult your intelligence. It's that simple. If you smoke a lot, and enjoy having other smoker's around to talk to, then I'd say this place will deliver the value and service that you want. My military installation took notice on this property and will gladly redirect soldiers to other lodging that runs "tighter ships".

Room Tip: If you smoke, this is your place. If you don't smoke....find another place that enforces the ru...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Bradley Park, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbus-Bradley Park. We take great pride in offering a clean,comfortable room at an affordable price. I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms a designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should nerver be the case that a guest who requests a non smoking room is place in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to correct such an experience from occurring and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactory, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again or other Extended Stay Hotels (sm) brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here about 3 months during the week, while working in the area. Over all its a good place to stay for the money. Room cleaned daily with a decent size kitchen. Only wish it had a pool

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chris H
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Bradley Park, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended StayAmerica-Columbus/Bradley Park. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Marble Rock, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

The front desk was very friendly and very helpful. The entrance was warm and inviting with the newer stylish decor. Our room was updated with newer paint and newer carpet. The hallways have newer carpet also. Our room was clean throu and throu!

Room Tip: Found that if you book from hotel website, you get better discounts for signing up to receive their...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank grngecko
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America - Columbus Bradley Park. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay enjoyable and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for your kind words.
Mendham, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was happy with my stay. The double double beds made the room a little crowded. The queen sized bed rooms were ample. The people that worked at the hotel were gracious and friendly. I made an error in my reservations that they fixed without any penalty.

The kitchen had the basics. I found it easy to make breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. The refrigerator was large enough to hold food and drinks.

For the money this is a well equipped hotel. I stayed a week but I'd recommend it for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Make reservations early as this location is usually full. I found the first floor to be quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Killeen, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for work reasons. The staff was friendly but that is the ONLY good thing I can say. The washers always have sand in them and you have to wash clothes twice. Also the dryers don't work right and you have to pay double again to get all your clothes dry. Now the real horror story starts. We started waking up with red itchy bumps but didn't know why. Maintenance said there was nothing wrong and management said it looks like allergies so your going to have to wash your own sheets since you have allergies. Long story short, I caught what was causing the problems. BEDBUGS!! It took forever to get a new room, then our neighbor said he had been telling them for a month about the problem.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Concernedcitizen3
Warner Robins, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

DO NOT EVER make a reservation at an Extended Stay hotel and expect to stay there! We have had reservations for 2 weeks for our cheerleaders and get a call TODAY - 3 days before we are to be in Columbus, GA letting us know some other guests are extending their reservations so they are no longer honoring OUR reservations! So here we are 3 days out looking for 8 rooms in a city with 3 sporting events scheduled! When the confirmation email says reservation guaranteed...it's a lie! It's guaranteed to be canceled if someone already staying there decides they want to stay longer!

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank 2GirlsCheerMom
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

I've stayed at this location multiple times during my business travels. My room has always been clean and comes with coffee for the first night. The hotel is in a central location that is close to several restaurants and shopping areas. The staff is friendly and courteous and always provides assistance when needed. I highly recommend this hotel to my business associates, family, and friends.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business