“Good value.”

Extended Stay America Columbus 1721
Ranked #41 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was happy with my stay. The double double beds made the room a little crowded. The queen sized bed rooms were ample. The people that worked at the hotel were gracious and friendly. I made an error in my reservations that they fixed without any penalty.

The kitchen had the basics. I found it easy to make breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. The refrigerator was large enough to hold food and drinks.

For the money this is a well equipped hotel. I stayed a week but I'd recommend it for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Make reservations early as this location is usually full. I found the first floor to be quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America Columbus 1721

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for work reasons. The staff was friendly but that is the ONLY good thing I can say. The washers always have sand in them and you have to wash clothes twice. Also the dryers don't work right and you have to pay double again to get all your clothes dry. Now the real horror story starts. We started waking up with red itchy bumps but didn't know why. Maintenance said there was nothing wrong and management said it looks like allergies so your going to have to wash your own sheets since you have allergies. Long story short, I caught what was causing the problems. BEDBUGS!! It took forever to get a new room, then our neighbor said he had been telling them for a month about the problem.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Concernedcitizen3
Reviewed November 9, 2010

DO NOT EVER make a reservation at an Extended Stay hotel and expect to stay there! We have had reservations for 2 weeks for our cheerleaders and get a call TODAY - 3 days before we are to be in Columbus, GA letting us know some other guests are extending their reservations so they are no longer honoring OUR reservations! So here we are 3 days out looking for 8 rooms in a city with 3 sporting events scheduled! When the confirmation email says reservation guaranteed...it's a lie! It's guaranteed to be canceled if someone already staying there decides they want to stay longer!

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank 2GirlsCheerMom
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I've stayed at this location multiple times during my business travels. My room has always been clean and comes with coffee for the first night. The hotel is in a central location that is close to several restaurants and shopping areas. The staff is friendly and courteous and always provides assistance when needed. I highly recommend this hotel to my business associates, family, and friends.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank GAtraveler566
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Spent about two weeks in a room with a single bed. Ample space for me which was good. Room had slight odor when first entering but not offensive and it was unnoticable once in the room a while. Staff was a high point as all were polite and nice to speak with. Room was generally clean, though a bit weathered. For example, the blanket was washed but had burn holes from previous guests. It was not an overwhelming value given the base services provided (i.e. only had my room cleaned by the staff once during the 11 days there). You could get more frequent refresh service for extra charge--not good. Location is a real plus and noise levels both from the outside and inside the hotel where not disturbing--which as nice.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gunderish5
Reviewed April 4, 2010

This was my second experience with Extended Stay [the first was the Airpot Thruway last year]. The room was clean and nicely decorated. Water had collected in the bottom bins of the refrigerator. I was told by the front desk that this was just the refrigerator thawing out. The problem was never corrected. There was another problem with the stove top which was immediately corrected by a very nice maintenance person. If you are accustom to a good night's rest beware! The mattress is hard as a brick. After the first night my back was hurting. Fortunately a relative loaned us a mattress pillow top. Otherwise, I don't think we could have endured the week. The staff was very friendly. Maid service is once a week, unless you are willing to pay a small fee for extra days of cleaning. The parking lot was well lit. A Target is within walking distance and if you're not into cooking, there are lots of eateries nearby.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pioneer13
Reviewed May 7, 2009

The hotel staff is great! The hotel is clean, and has new updates. This is the best place to stay if you are working at Ft. Benning or working in Columbus. I stayed here for a month, and I do not have any complaints. The hotel is in a great area with restaurants, and shopping near by. Hotel guests are allowed to use the Gold’s Gym during their stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business