“Wonderful Experience!!!”

Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Wonderful Experience!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is by far the cleanest and friendliest hotel I have ever stayed at. I ended up being stuck at the Columbus, GA airport and had to find a room for the night due to my flight being delayed. I walked around the airport and found a brochure for this hotel which stated they offered a free shuttle and had a special airport rate. So I called and within 10 minutes they were picking me up from the airport and from the moment I met Kalvin, the shuttle driver, the experience definitely left a lasting impression on me. Kalvin was extremely nice and offered to take me anywhere I needed to go with the shuttle and carried my bags into the hotel to check in. I set up the shuttle for the next morning to the airport with no hassle. The hotel is extremely clean and smells great. The breakfast is unlike any other hotel breakfast I've ever seen. They had eggs, sausage, chicken patties and many other choices above your average continental breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone whether it's for a night or a week long vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mm00usmc
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear “mm00usmc” – We are so delighted to hear you had an enjoyable first stay with us and THANK YOU for taking the time to share this wonderful review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and were able to utilize the shuttle to and from the Columbus airport. Thank you for complimenting our services, our offerings, our property and our staff. Kalvin is a wonderful asset to our team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating! We hope that your travels return you to us again someday soon! Warmest regards, Country Inn & Suites Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The staff here could not be any nicer or more accommodating!!! From Zarina, to Kitty, and everyone else they are the BEST. Our group is always treated like family when we are here. They even start breakfast early for us if we need it....Cannot say enough good things!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ahbender
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Loyal Guest “ahbender” ..
THANK YOU so much for staying with us! It means so much to have you stay with us and to continue staying with us after 5 years! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating! Thank you for your compliments of our team … we work diligently to earn reviews like yours! Thank you again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. We appreciate YOU and we look forward to your next arrival! If you didn't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Wishing you safe & happy travels – Country Inn & Suites Team
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Check in was very slow, even though prior arrangements have been made. Internet very slow, was told they are in process of installing wifi. The afternoon we left the air freshener in the lobby was too strong. I am an asthmatic and could smell in in our room with the door shut.

• Stayed May 2013
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear “cajunroadwarrior” ..
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as it helps to direct us to the areas in need of refreshment and attention. We do also thank you for giving our hotel the honor of your visit and we do sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. We are working diligently to increase our internet speed and WiFi strength as this is an important amenity for our guests. Your concerns are very important to us and we invite you to contact the hotel directly to work towards a solution together, should there be an opportunity to assist you again in the future. As TripAdvisor offers confidentiality, we are limited as to what information we can research about your stay. That said, we do understand that every guest is different and each has different preferences and needs. We do strive with all of our best efforts to offer our utmost to each and every one of our guests. Once again, we are truly sorry for the inconveniences. We hope to hear from you and wish you the very best in all of your future travels.
cx_clbs@countryinns.com
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights and I must say that the room accommodation was nice for the price, which was a military rate. The room appeared clean, oh so spacious to include a living room type area. The staff went over and above my expectations by shuttling me to pick up my vehicle @ the local dealership; also by serving as my own GPS each time I got lost in the area. I would call Shannon at the front desk and she'd tell me the way. Breakfast was good and there was a variety. The only minor nuisance would have been that that you could hear the pipes "sing" when the water was in use next door. BTW, I didn't have a reservation; the area was virtually sold out of rooms due to events in the City, however this hotel managed to get me a room. The bed was plush and awesomely comfortable. I didn't use room service much but they came around daily. Overall, I was truly pleased with this hotel and would certainly recommend it for your stay.

Room Tip: Room 211. That's where I stayed. Get it or one just like it; Use your military rate, AARP rate...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandy B
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Sandy B:
What an honor to receive a “5*/Exceptional Staff, Great Stay” review! We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we are very grateful for your review! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating. We have a wonderful team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises! Thank you again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. We appreciate YOU and we look forward to your next arrival!
Happy travels!
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

being a soldier in the U.S. Army, i love my weekends. whenever i get the chance to get away for a bit, this is the hotel i choose. not only is the pricing a total deal, but it's in a prime location. exit 10 is where all the restaurants and stores are around here, and the country inn is just 2 exits down from there. basically, if you're visiting Columbus to either see a loved one from fort benning, or to just see Columbus, the country inn and suites is the best hotel to stay at. free coffee and breakfast too. listen to me smalls, this is where it's at!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Boston B
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Boston B .. WOW! Thank you for your kind and helpful review! We are encouraged by the compliments you extended to us and extremely grateful! We are elated that you had such a wonderful experience and we happily welcome you back anytime! THANK YOU again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. Many thanks & happy travels! Country Inn & Suites Team
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Location very close to everthing. Need to make earlier reservations to insure a handicap room availlable. Hotel staff very polite and helpful. The access road sign was difficult to see. It was in a very congested area and the signs where behind some bushes. Grandchildren loved the pool.. Thanks for the hospitatlity and cleanliness

Room Tip: 7 miles from town
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank william_cuff
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear “william_cuff” ..
Thank you for your visit and your review which is incredibly helpful to us and our future travelers! We cannot say THANK YOU enough! We are glad that you and your grandchildren enjoyed our pool and our hotel. Thank you for your compliments of our team … we work diligently to earn reviews like yours! We look forward to your next visit with us!
Wishing you safe & happy travels – Country Inn & Suites Team
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Made reservations here months in advance for our son's graduation at Ft. Benning. Saw many of the reviews here, and was a bit leary of what we might encounter. Happy to say we had a very positive experience. We found all desk staff to be kind and friendly. The lady who is in charge of the daily breakfast offerings was especially nice and attentive. The room was clean and comfortable, and we found the overall appearance of the hotel to be fine. Breakfast was very generous and well maintained. We were able to check in early with no questions asked, and checkout is not until noon. If we need to revisit the Ft. Benning area, we would definitely stay at this motel again. The hotel is just off I-185, which is the main road into Ft. Benning, and it only took about 10 minutes to travel back and forth from one to the other.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PAboyinFL
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear 'PAboyinFL' ..
We are so happy to learn that you had "a pleasant, stress free stay" with us! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and our future guests! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to having you stay with us again! If you haven't already, please become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Happy Travels & Many Thanks!