“Treated like family”

Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Tupelo, MS
“Treated like family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites Columbus 2 times in March. Once, on the way to Orlando and the other on the way back home from Orlando. Both stays were fantastic, but on the way back, my daughter got sick that night. We called down to the front desk and they had fresh sheets, towels, and etc. at our door within 5 minutes. They showed genuine concern for us and made an unpleasant ailment much more bearable. The room on both occasions met our needs perfectly and was clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent in every facet. The breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear ‘doglovero1’ ... We are so encouraged and happy to receive your kind review! Thank you for sharing your experiences of our hotel and our team with us and our future guests! Please be sure to visit us again in the future, should your travels return you to Columbus, GA! Many thanks and happy travels, Country Inn & Suites Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
White, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had to stay over in Columbus Ga and had to get a room at the last minute. They were easy to work with and the room was very nice. We had no complaints about our stay. The room was very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: very convenient to I185
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DowDow4ever
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear “DowDow4ever”
We are glad to learn that you found our hotel to be enjoyable! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope that when your travels bring you back to Columbus, that we will again have the honor of accommodating you! If you didn't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Thank you once again!
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

To the manager Zarina Cheves, Hi! I wanted to thank you and your staff for your magnanimous spirit in caring for us on our recent stay in your hotel. I unfortunately became ill from something I ate on the way down to Columbus and had a difficult night, but recovered by God's grace in time to do the funeral I came down to do. Hannah agreed to give us a delayed check-out time and then from your morning staff, Kitty agreed to our staying until I had to go to the funeral. As always they were very gracious and kind to us. It is great to stay with y'all because we are always remembered and cared for in a special way! It was good to get to speak with you before we left. I wanted to correspond my appreciation to you and your staff personally! We will never consider staying anywhere but in your property when in Columbus. Have a blessed week! Blessings, Brad Hicks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dr Brad H
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Dr. Brad H -
What an honor to receive a “5*/Fantastic Management and Staff” review! We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating. We have a wonderful team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises! THANK YOU again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. We appreciate you and we look forward to your next arrival!
Many thanks & happy travels!
Indio, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Was our first time we stayed in a Country Inn & Suites, from the very begining upon arrivial the staff was very freindly has we found with rest of the staff their.(Misty and Shannon) are great to work with.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mark J
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Mark J: We are so encouraged and happy to receive your kind review! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and our future guests! Misty and Shannon are wonderful assets to our team and we appreciate you sharing these specific praises. We appreciate you and we look forward to your next arrival! If you didn't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays. Best wishes and happy travels! Country Inn & Suites Team
White Haven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Was our first time we stayed in a Country Inn & Suites, from the very begining upon arrivial the staff was very freindly has we found with rest of the staff their. Property was clean, neat and quiet. Perfect location for us and lots of malls within 10 mile area. Breakfast was great each morning as to the freindly & helpful staff their. Would stay their again.

Room Tip: Found that all rooms are fine from walking property
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Keith W
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Keith W: We are so delighted to hear you had an enjoyable first stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review! Our staff is encouraged to know that they did their job well. We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating! We hope that your travels return you to us again someday soon! Many thanks to you and happy travels! Country Inn & Suites Team
Trinity, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I travel a lot and experience many motels. I am originally from Columbus and my mom still lives in the house I grew up in which happens to be near this location. On this trip home my wife and I planned to stay with my mom but changed our minds at the last minute. I'd stayed at Country Inn before and when we decided to get a room I called late on a Saturday night. Hannah was most helpful and fortunately had a room for us. We checked in quite late but found everything to our liking. The room was comfortable, quiet, and clean. I discovered that I'd forgotten my toothbrush and Hannah supplied one for me. After a great night's sleep we went down to the breakfast nook. I don't remember the lady's name who fixed the breakfast but she was wonderful! Helpful and friendly are the norm at this location but she was exceptional and the breakfast was great too! They have the best coffee I've ever gotten from a motel, better than many resturants. Great location, good value, clean, friendly, full breakfast with great coffee, and did I mention the coffee and cookies at checkin? I definately recommend this location if you're going to stay in Columbus.

Room Tip: I've stayed here numerous times and never had a "bad" room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Gary P:
THANK YOU for taking the time to share the details of your experience with us! We deeply appreciate your insight and we trust other travelers will as well! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our coffee and cookies and were able to utilize the “Did You Forget Program” for a toothbrush. Thank you for complimenting our services, our offerings, our property and our staff. Hannah and Donna are wonderful assets to our team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises! Your review will be a great help to other prospective travelers for certain. We are very happy to learn that you and your wife were very satisfied and we would be honored to host your next visit to Columbus, GA! If you haven't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Warmest regards,
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Definitely enjoyed our stay at the Country Inn & Suites! The people were so friendly and helpful! I was quite worried when I realized we were far away from most food but they provided a free shuttle and even took us all the way to Ft Benning! Such a great experience and will definitely be a repeat customer!

Room Tip: If you like taking the stairs stay on the second floor :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenna R
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear "Jenna R" – What a great review! We are so grateful that you stayed with us and THANK YOU for taking the time to share a review! It really means so much to us and other prospective travelers! We appreciate you and we look forward to your next arrival! If you haven't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays. Thank you once again – Country Inn & Suites Team