“Don't go near the LaQuinta Inn on Silver Springs RD”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus State University
Ranked #36 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't go near the LaQuinta Inn on Silver Springs RD”
Reviewed June 14, 2006

We came there to see my son's 'turning blue' ceremony and his graduation. Firstly, it is difficult to find. The next treat was that when we finally found the place, there were several employees out front smoking cigararettes and yacking. I smoke myself, but the cloud and crowd out front struck me as a bar, not a hotel. The desk clerk told us that the elevator was broken, but would be fixed within the hour. We opted for the stairs (no choice), and found them at the extreme corner of the building and dark. Nobody hellped us at all. A guest finally saw our struggle and helped us. I admit the room was clean, but along the way to the room found handwritten notes like 'cats in room, do not come in, or 'Do not disturb' with kids yelling. from within. After we lugged up our luggage, we went out to eat. To returning, the desk clerk waved off her 'friend' from the counter. He was one of the guys I had prior thought was an employee. To reaching the lobby there were also several men hanging out front, smoking, and I wonder, guests? The next day the elevator was not fixed, and the continental breakfast offered was nasty, It gets better. When we returned later in the evening (May18th), the elevator was still not fixed, and the boys hanging out made no shame about the fact that they were hanging with the desk clerks. They were smoking outside, and inside they were flirting. It was awful. My sister and I had to pass by them and hear smart remarks. Guests? I don't think so, as I recognized one. I am not kidding. In the meantime, the kids were yelling from the 'Do Not Disturb Room' and we heard kids running up and down the halls on both nights. My Ex and his wife got so worried about the kids in the 'Do Not Disturb' room that the morning they checked out they called the police.
I booked the room through HotWire, and usually they are great. I have no problems with them. In fact I have booked some of the best rooms of my life through them. But I wonder that they know about this dump. I will be reporting it to them, for sure.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
fayetteville-Ft. Bragg, NC
Reviewed June 22, 2005

Rooms are nice and clean, with the exception of the carpet, full of stains and kind of nasty-looking.
Service is very friendly. The old German lady in charge of breakfast is really lovely and makes sure that breakfast bar never gets empty.
A/C and hot water worked perfect.
The lobby area is too small and often seems too crowdy.
In spite of a large amount of single, young soldiers staying at the hotel, I did not hear any noises at night.
Close to everything.
Overall, this was a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2005