“Horrible Service”

Ranked #36 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Savannah, Georgia
“Horrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was average at best. The rooms need updating, but they were okay. The service was worse than I would ever expect from a La Quinta. Our room was not cleaned for some unknown reason and the front desk associate had nothing to offer. We asked three times for fresh towels at the minimum before they we given to me (I had to go to the front desk and ask the third time Sunday morning). When at the front desk, the associate had the maids come out and snicker at me because I complained of the room not being cleaned and needi g fresh towels. La Quinta in Columbus Ga is off our list from here out, no matter which location there.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel is not as close as I thought from Ft Benning but it is not too far. The location itself is not bad since it is very close to a pretty nice mall where you can go eat and shop around if not on base or with your soldier. I got there a day ahead and found the mall being so close very convenient.
Stayed there when I went for my son's Army Graduation. Check in was smooth and the staff really friendly though out the stay. There was only one that did not see to enjoy her job but I didn't see her much...thank God.
Service...not great. If you like to have to be asking for towels every day, this is your place. I had to ask for towels every day of my stay there. When I first got there - Only hand towels...My second night - No towels ,,,, My third night - no hand towels.
They announce free WiFi ..... suck. Had to go to the front desk several times to request for it to be reset because was not getting thru to my laptop.....and no, my laptop is not outdated...it is new. I am just happy I was on the first floor.
In general, it was not a bad stay. The towel thing and wifi was aggravating but otherwise it is not too bad.
Would I recommend anyone to stay there...I would but would let them know about my experience.

Room Tip: I was in the first floor and I was happy for that. Glad didn't have to take the elevator that d...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed there for a week-end in June 2013 with family + dog. Rooms are clean but really disappointing to enter through the bathroom (sink of the bathroom. the bath itself is separated by a door of course). Room was pretty small.
Service was fine, but the swimming pool is very small too and not so clean. You have to go through the parking lot to access it...
I don't think I would come back even for that good price.
Location is not too bad, not far from the mall.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed at this location before in November. This time I stayed without my dog or family and enjoyed it just as much. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, the staff helpful. The only thing that I had a problem was that I had a difficult time accessing the wi fi because the router was busy. I was able to access it easily from the breakfast area the next morning (sitting here right now actually). My son will be at Ft Benning for the next few years so when I come to visit, I am comfortable staying here even if I am by myself. The breakfast is your typical waffles, toast, cereal, etc and it was good. I did not look at or attend the fitness center - not sure if they have one even so that is why I rated it average.

my room was a king size with fridge and microwave and it looked like the pictures - which is rare sometimes!

Room Tip: This trip I stayed on the first floor and it was just as quiet as any of the other floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank 846KarenW846
Southfield, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Came in from Traveling 12 to 14 hours on the road for my grandmothers funeral. Was very tired when I got there. Checked in and 30 minutes later TV went out due to storm. Then toilet had very low pressure. After a couple flushes it over flowed. YUCK!!!!' No maintenance was in to assist so the front desk clerk had to be the janitor for a few minutes to bring up plunger and mop. I felt bad for her so I helped. Wow!! Was not expecting that. She had people in lobby but had to leave them to help me. Oh and when taking a shower you better hold on to the rail because you just may slip ad fall. The girl who helped me was nice. Not her fault at all. When the Manager was told about our experience she could have really cared less. I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. My dad was put in a room in the area where dogs are allowed. They barked all night. I thought only people with dogs were placed in those rooms. DOUBLE YUCK!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Mainz, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel. In town for a graduation. The outside of the hotel needs work and my screen on my window was broken. Room was nice and remodeled so the interior is satisfactory. Staff was friendly, had to change rooms because I wanted a fridge but I had to ask for it. Read other reviews a about hotel and was a little weary before I checked in, but if I had a problem with something all I had to do was ask and the front desk was accommodating.

Stayed May 2013
Cleveland, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I can't complain. The front desk staff was friendly. At first, I was given keys to a room that had not been cleaned (whoops!), but the lady met me at the room with keys for a new room. The new room was fine. It was clean. The bed was comfortable. Plenty of cold air from the AC.

The motel is on a hill, and the parking appears to be somewhat limited, so check in as early as possible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business