La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus State University
Ranked #37 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel. In town for a graduation. The outside of the hotel needs work and my screen on my window was broken. Room was nice and remodeled so the interior is satisfactory. Staff was friendly, had to change rooms because I wanted a fridge but I had to ask for it. Read other reviews a about hotel and was a little weary before I checked in, but if I had a problem with something all I had to do was ask and the front desk was accommodating.

Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I can't complain. The front desk staff was friendly. At first, I was given keys to a room that had not been cleaned (whoops!), but the lady met me at the room with keys for a new room. The new room was fine. It was clean. The bed was comfortable. Plenty of cold air from the AC.

The motel is on a hill, and the parking appears to be somewhat limited, so check in as early as possible.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
A La Quinta traveler
Rogers, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed May 17, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Would like to comment on the help from La Tronia # 4009. We arrived around 7:30 on sat. checked in to find we had no phone and some of the light were out . So I went to the desk she wanted to change are room but we had all are thing in and would rather stay in the room we were in since my husband is handicapped. La Tronia found us a phone plugged it in for us and changed the light blubs . I would say that La Tronia is an asset to you hotel . Thanks again La Tronoa #4009

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A very comfortable stay. Easy access to many restaurants, shopping, events. The best choice for mid-range hotel in Columbus. Hotel staff was helpful when asked. The rooms were clean as were the common areas. Leaving the parking lot was confusing as the other 3 directions at traffic light had lights but there were none facing the exit at the hotel. A city not hotel problem.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Dirty, run down, and bug infested shame on you La Quinta! Outdoor pool had green water Woke up in the middle of the night with bug crawling on my chest
Floors were dirty and stained Elevator looked like something spilled and allowed to dryPublic restroom by lobby our of toilet paper Place may be old but no reason it cannot be clean

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Went to go to my husbands graduation in Fort Benning Georgia. I was staying there with my father in law, mother in law, and sister in law. I got there before they did and I went upstairs to unpack my stuff. I was going to head over to the base that night for a family function and I hopped in the shower. In the middle of my shower the water turned off. I got out of the shower when to turn on the sink still no water came out. so I call downstairs and no one answered the phone. being in a customer service industry I thought to myself well maybe they're dealing with whatever the situation is I'll give it about an hour and if they're still no water I'll go downstairs to try to figure it out. then I tried to turn on the TV to get my mind off of the water, and it took me about 15 minutes to try to figure out how to turn on the television. I'm not dumb I've used TVs all my life and it stayed at hotels before and I've never had so much of a problem trying to turn on a television and yes, it was plugged in. the staff was not friendly and it was not the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. they do allow pets and there were dogs on our floor that would not stop barking. Not that that is the hotels fault, but just a forewarning if you don't want to stay where there are pets. Oh the water finally did come back on later that night. I received no explanation why either. my husband isn't at ft benning anymore, however if I were to go back to they area for any reason, I won't be staying here.

• Stayed: January 2013