“Good Place for the value”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus State University

Friendsville, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is a very kind lady that works at the front desk, her name is Ginny. While I didn't stay at this location my son who is in boot camp at Fort Benning was on a three day leave which fell over his 21st birthday. I was not able to make the trip but I still wanted him to know we were thinking of him on this special day. I called the hotel to get names of place near by that I could possibly get balloons delivery. When Ginny offered to pickup a cake at a local store. The hitch was the store didn't take payment over the phone. That didn't stop this kind women from still driving to the store and paying for my son's (solider in training, which we are also very proud of) cake out of her own. Pocket. If she is an example of the people that work at this location I would said you can't go wrong by this place. La Quinta should be honored as we are as parents to have a caring and helpful member to their family. Ginny thank you from the bottom of my heart, I will see you in three weeks when I'm there for his graduation.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stopped here on our way to the coast of GA and were a little disappointed in the room. We were given a room on the bottom floor that was obviously a pet friendly room. The smell was unpleasant, rug stained and the bathroom door had been chewed or clawed by a pet desperate for some fresh air. If we were allergic to cats or dogs we would have asked for another room. The front desk should really inquire about that before placing you in such a room. The employees were very friendly, the breakfast was ordinary and bed soft.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here on both legs of our journey. The first time there were no towels in our room when we arrived, but the second time every thing was in apple-pie order. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the linens had been updated. Some things we appreciated were 1) a doggy station with plastic bags and a trash can for picking up waste, 2) a decorative windowshade that actually worked and blocked out the light, instead of saggy curtains, and 3) a breakfast that included a few healthy alternatives like boiled eggs and raisin bran. The location is pretty good too, right next to I-185. There is a shopping mall across the expressway with Dillard's, Macy's and Penney's, and an Applebees just a block or two away. There aren't many other dining options nearby other than Carino's and Burger King. It is right next to the University, though.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify whether you want a room with a microwave and fridge. The ones without are about...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Templeton, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I only stayed for one night and a few hours at that. However, there were no problems with my reservation and I was checked in in two minutes. The staff at night was great and very helpful at night and again in the morning. The breakfast was great for my children and I. The room was plenty big enough and super clean. I would definitely stay here again if I had to go through the area in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family