“great location, hospitality and price”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 29, 2012

For Fort Benning families, this is an excellent location - not too far from the base or Columbus proper but situated in the middle of many choices for restaurants, shopping (Peachtree Mall is very nice and about two miles down the road and there are many, many big box malls close at hand), and access to the highway. We felt valued, cared for and enjoyed our adjoining rooms very much. There are complimentary newspapers and I enjoyed having my Wall Street Journal.
The staff was more than courteous, they were happy to help with extra keys, later check out, directions and just a welcoming smile every time we came through the door.

The beds and pillows especially were very comfortable and I am a picky sleeper.

Room Tip: When they can, and generally for longer stays, they can reduce the rate for the adjoining rooms whic...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel as we were passing through for Thanksgiving. The hotel is nice enough, breakfast fine, but I was stuck in the elevator for 45 minutes when the door wouldn't open. I was very patient and understanding, figuring the management would open the door and let me out, but they couldn't figure out how to do it. They decided to call the elevator company. While I was waiting the manager asked what my room number was. I thought he was calling my wife to let her know I was stuck, but he didn't. They eventually wandered downstairs to find me and realized the situation. After finally getting out, all I heard from management was "thank you for your patience". No "I'm sorry" or "your stay is on us" (it was only one night). They certainly didn't seem to put themselves in the customers shoes. Mark Friedman

Room Tip: Get a ground level room so you don't have to use the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark F
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We came in from Illinois. After a long drive we were greeted with a friendly smiling face. We soon found out that eveyone who works there is very nice. Our check -in was quick and the rooms were very relaxing. The decor is beautiful and the whole hotel is extremely clean. We were surprised by the variety of food on their complimentary breakfast buffet. Not to mention how good it was. Both hot and cold items. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Columbus, GA. We will difinitely stay there next time we are in town visiting relatives.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

AMAZING! We stayed at this hotel overnight to visit family on our way from New Orleans to Charlotte. From the outside it's nothing spectacular, but once you walk through those doors your socks will be knocked off! You can tell it's been through a pretty big renovation recently. I had booked a traditional 2 queen bed room, but when I got there I decided to upgrade to a suite, and I am so glad I did! It was a 2 room suite with a king and 2 full sized beds. The decor is phenomenal, the room was so clean you could eat off the floors and the staff was more than helpful! Of our 2 week vacation traveling to several cities, this one night stay made the biggest impression on us! Next time we are in town, we will be staying at this hotel again without hesitation!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Boiler93
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was happy with the room cleanliness, decor, size - but had planned on using the pool while my son was busy at Fort Benning & was VERY disappointed. The water looked like it hadn't had chemicals or been filtered in at least a week. An employee apologized & said the pump had been turned off, but it had to have been several days since anyone had even looked at the water. I also reserved the room thinking there was a fitness facility included - it was actually 4 miles away. Daily rate seemed a little high for what was included.

I will say that the staff is very friendly & accommodating - they allowed us to stay an extra hour our last day for no additional fee and replenished our shampoo needs when housekeeping overlooked that.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michigan-Runaway
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We just returned from my son's graduation from ABOLC(officers leadership course) at Ft Benning. I read many reviews before booking and decided to try Sleep Inn. For those of you traveling for graduation it is a 10 min drive to the base. The hotel is located next to 185 which leads you right into Ft? Benning. We traveled with 7 family members and we booked the two bedroom suite. The suit has one knig bed and two double beds, one bathroom,small fridge and microwave. The hotel is newly renovated,so fresh paint,new carpet,new linens great decore throughout the hotel. All family members agreed that the beds were very comfortable,and the linens were very nice. Front desk man yogi came through with all my request. I asked that we all be located close together as far as our rooms went and he did just that. I asked for email confirmations and he also complied. Very friendly and helpful in giving advice as far as dining options. The hotel is within 2 blocks from a Walmart and close to many restaurants. Hot breakfast was also nice. There was eggs,bacon,sausage,biscuits,toast,beagles,sweet rolls,grits,juice,milk,cereal and plenty of hot codffee. The buffet is opens from 6 to 9 every morning. Our last day there we wanted to leave early we needed to eat by 5:45 to be on the road by 6:15. They were nice enough to accommodate us by allowing us to eat a few minutes early. This was thoughtful and great customer service. I will recommend the Sleep Inn with great confidence. I hope you will enjoy your stay as much as we did. Sincerely, jan weaver

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JDWeaver
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have rented rooms here during a 2 week stay for a family member at a local hospital and found this to be conveniently located and very nice. The staff is very friendly and the manager has asked about our family member everytime we see him. Rooms are very nicely redone, but the mattress and bathroom missed the remodel. Still not bad for the price!!! Pool was not used and it shows a little bit of discoloration as a result. We are going back later this week for 2 more nights and will not have to worry about a thing at this great little hotel in Columbus. Stay here with confidence.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family