“Lovely”

Hampton Inn Columbus-North
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a great hotel! The staff is friendly and will bend over backwards to make sure your stay is a pleasant stay. The hotel is in a good part of town and is convenient for everything we wanted to do. It's convenient for those visiting Fort Benning and downtown.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Riley M
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

I very much appreciate you taking time to send a review to Trip Advisor after your recent stay at Hampton North Columbus. Our team makes every effort to exceed expectations and we sincerely thank you for allowing us to share our "Hamptonality".

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Staff made me feel very welcome. They went far above and beyond to provide exceptional service with a friendly smile! Rooms were spotless and comfortable. Enjoyed a quiet, peaceful stay while walking distance to shopping, dinning and entertainment.

1  Thank Gene J
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Exceeding expectations is what we're all about at Hampton North and I'm delighted we exceeded yours. Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience with Trip Advisor.

A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Excellent hotel. Entire hotel was very clean and bed was unbelievably comfortable. I have extreme difficulty sleeping and was surprised to get such a good nights sleep with the comfort of my bed. Breakfast was great and very well stocked and maintained. Will definitely stay at this hotel each time I visit Columbus, GA.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thanks for sharing your kind comments about Hampton North Columbus. It always pleases me to find our guests appreciate the Hampton Cloud Nine sleep experience. Our team takes great care to deliver an enjoyable hotel stay. We hope you'll return soon and once again let Hampton North share our "Hamptonality" with you.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have changed from Holiday Inns. I never stayed anywhere but Holiday Inns until this trip. The stay was great. It was so good that my trip to Jackson Ms. the next day after check out I looked only for Hampton Inn.

1  Thank Ted J

WOW!!! What a great way to start the week by learning we added a new member into the Hampton family. Thank you so very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I hope we'll see you again very soon at Hampton North.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. I thought they did a nice job with checking me in and tellling me about the property. I did not feel that room was a clean as I am used to with Hampton's. There were small items on the floor that were not vacuumed up. That makes me think what else was not cleaned?
The breakfast was a good solid Hampton breakfast. Everything looked clean and was at the correct temperatures. There are a lot of options in Columbus, I will most likely not stay here again on because of the questions I have as to cleaning procedures.
This is the older style Hampton Inn with the older bathrooms and fixtures. If you have stayed in a newer Hampton Inn the rooms at this property look dated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Hampton North. I'm very happy to know the staff members were friendly and helpful. I'm also glad you had a pleasant experience at breakfast. Our guest rooms are due to be renovated in the 4th quarter of this year and I'm looking forward to showing off the finished product. We're all very proud of our new Perfect Mix lobby and Fitness Center.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Although our room, specifically the bathroom and whirpool tub, was a little worn, it was clean and standard for a Hampton stay. Plenty of towels for a King room along with a coffee maker and fridge. Air conditioner worked well through the night to keep up with the 90 degree temps outside. Location is near McDonald's, IHOP, Taco Bell and many other restaurants, along with proximity to the highway. What made our stay above average was the front desk, who was especially cheerful even at 9 p.m. when we checked in. Breakfast included Hampton's make-your-own Belgian waffles, yogurt--including Greek, warm oatmeal with trimmings, eggs, potatoes, summer sausage, apples, bananas, bagels, muffins and juice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thanks so much for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Hampton North Columbus. I'm always happy to receive positive feedback and it's especially gratifying when it comes from a Senior Reviewer like you. Thanks again for allowing us to serve you and share our "Hamptonality". I hope you'll return every time your travels bring you back to the Columbus area.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you want safe, ALL amenities, comfort, quiet, and in a great location, choose this Hampton Inn! GREAT price too! The staff was so very helpful. Fitness room could use a little more in the way of equipment, but if only one or two people use it at a time, it is OK. Rooms very nice. God business center. Hotel is located VERY near downtown, shops, many restaurants

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thanks so much for taking time to share your positive experience at Hampton North Columbus. We work very hard to exceed the expectations of every guest we have the pleasure to serve and it's rewarding to know when we're successful. I hope when your future travels bring you back to Columbus, you'll give us another chance to share our "Hamptonality".