Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Wilson, North Carolina
“Super Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here Mother's Day weekend and again Father's Day weekend to visit our son at Ft. Benning. The location is fantastic, just minutes from Sand Hill and main base. Hotel is new, clean, and staff is fantastic. Breakfast area was clean, food was correct temp and fully stocked. We enjoyed our stay and will continue to stay here when we visit the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BevB6634
HIEXCFB, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your great critiques and especially for the comments regarding my staff. I am very proud of them and appreciate so much hearing/reading compliments about them. Again, thank you.

From the Heart,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

If you have a big military family like mine and want to treat them right, this is definitely the place to go. The staff was great and the hotel was just amazing. It took us only like two minutes or so to get to Ft. Benning as well. Will be coming back here next time around

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JoeJohnson2
HIEXCFB, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent comments!! We strive to deliver impeccable service each and every time. Our location truly is one of the best, convenient to the Military Fort, recreation & shopping!
We hope to welcome you back to Ft. Benning soon!

Thanks Again!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days for my husband's graduation and the hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was great as well. Even though the hotel is located on a busy road, the noise level was very low. The only thing the hotel lacks is a restuarant/bar area. The hotel staff recommended a hole-in-the-wall mexican restuarant a block away but the restuarant wasn't clean, the food was mediocre and the waiters were not friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FrequentTraveler554
HIEXCFB, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to post your lovely feedback. I am always delighted to hear compliments regarding our staff. It's unfortunate that Vallartas Mexican Restaurant did not meet your expectations; next time you're in town, please see me for some dining I know you'll love. Currently, our management team has a Manager's Reception in the making and we expect to launch no later than this fall. I am sure next time you visit us you'll notice a significant change! My team and I look forward to your next stay.

Best Regards,
Sparks, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here in March for family day and again in April for graduation. Made reservations for both in February. Paid in advance. Found out in March that grads have to leave right after graduation so I needed to amend the April reservation. Although I was giving them more than a month's notice, I was told that since I prepaid, I would not be able to get a refund for the two days I would not need the room. I even called customer service and they still refused to give a refund. When I said that the policy wasn't clear, I was told that it is difficult to find on the website. Upon checkout, I ended up giving the remaining two days to a soldier who was having trouble booking a room. At least they let me gift it to a soldier, so it worked out in the end. A warning that prepaying is not always a good idea due to hidden catches.

The hotel is nice, probably one of the best places to stay close to Fort Benning. Comfortable room (I had a king suite), pretty good breakfast, good business center and friendly staff. Although I am a priority club member, I was not recognized as such upon check in. One complaint is the use of very strong cleaning chemical smells in the lobby and hallways. Can be a problem for those who are sensitive to chemicals.

Room Tip: I've stayed on both the 3rd and 4th floors. Preferred the 4th because the window was not obstruc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIEXCFB, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for posting your review via Trip Advisor regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Columbus - Ft. Benning, GA. As a Priority Club Rewards member, you are one of our most important guests, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let other potential guests know how pleasant your stay was. Please accept my sincere apology that your Priority Club status was not acknowledged at time of check-in. I will be buffing my staff to ensure that you are given the respect you deserve your next visit.

It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. I am forwarding your comments to all managers at our hotel to make them aware of the impact the advanced purchase rate restriction is having on our guests, and I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

CSGFB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was in town for my Husbands BCT graduation and family day pass. The staff was conscientious and extremely helpful and cheerful. They greeted me whenever I entered the hotel or left. The front office manager, Jazmine, was so friendly and sweet. The room was super clean and spacious. Having the hot breakfast was such a treat and made life easy. As of now, the hotel's 5th floor is their smoking floor but they will be turning into a smoke-free facility this Summer; designated smoking areas but fresh smelling rooms on the 5th floor which will accommodate more travelers. Southern Hospitality through and through makes you comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone passing through Fort Benning.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ArmyWife2013
HIEXCFB, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to post your lovely feedback. I am pleased to hear that our hotel planted a seed in your Family Day experience and even happier my staff met your expectations. My team and I look forward to your next stay.

Front office Manager
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

If you are traveling through Columbus, GA or have business at Fort Benning, this hotel is a great choice as it is conveniently located off the interstate and 5 minutes from being on the installation at Fort Benning. The staff from the front desk to the breakfast lady to the housekeeping are all hospital, courteous and willing to go out of their way to ensure you have a positive experience. I provide this review at the risk that it becomes over-booked when I need to be there but it's worth the risk because the Front Office Mgr, Jazmine, has always made sure I was taken care of when I stay there about 2 nights every 60 days or so.

Room Tip: Fitness center is small but very good cardio equipment
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIEXCFB, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Mr. Foster,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your experiences with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Columbus - Ft. Benning, GA. As a Priority Club Rewards member, you are one of our most important guests, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let other potential guests know how pleasant your stays have been.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. I am forwarding your comments to my managers & staff members, to make them aware of the positive impact our hard work is having on our guests.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose us for your future travel needs.

CSGFB
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have never been to the Fort Benning area and I was there to visiting. It was recommended that we stayed at this hotel. The customer service was outstanding and the rooms were neat and beds comfy. The lady on the front desk, her name was Jazmine, she was very helpful with suggestions on places for my family and I to visit and very helpful with directing me around the hotel. I will surely be coming back and staying again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIEXCFB, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. See you next time!