“Consistently outstanding!”

Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Consistently outstanding!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

If you are traveling through Columbus, GA or have business at Fort Benning, this hotel is a great choice as it is conveniently located off the interstate and 5 minutes from being on the installation at Fort Benning. The staff from the front desk to the breakfast lady to the housekeeping are all hospital, courteous and willing to go out of their way to ensure you have a positive experience. I provide this review at the risk that it becomes over-booked when I need to be there but it's worth the risk because the Front Office Mgr, Jazmine, has always made sure I was taken care of when I stay there about 2 nights every 60 days or so.

Room Tip: Fitness center is small but very good cardio equipment
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIEXCFB, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Mr. Foster,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your experiences with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Columbus - Ft. Benning, GA. As a Priority Club Rewards member, you are one of our most important guests, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let other potential guests know how pleasant your stays have been.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. I am forwarding your comments to my managers & staff members, to make them aware of the positive impact our hard work is having on our guests.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose us for your future travel needs.

CSGFB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have never been to the Fort Benning area and I was there to visiting. It was recommended that we stayed at this hotel. The customer service was outstanding and the rooms were neat and beds comfy. The lady on the front desk, her name was Jazmine, she was very helpful with suggestions on places for my family and I to visit and very helpful with directing me around the hotel. I will surely be coming back and staying again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HIEXCFB, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. See you next time!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. My family and I would stay here when we visit Columbus, Georgia again. The area that is set aside for pets is an awesome idea. They accommodate whatever your needs are. The staff was excellent. People automatically have a bad taste in their mouths because this hotel is located on Victory Drive, but I can tell you the location has nothing to do with the quality of service. I would recommend this place to all my family and friends. The price is just right for a family that has a right budget. If you want to stay in a place where you feel at home, this is the place you want to stay. Continental Breakfast is 5 star resturant quality. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013
HIEXCFB, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. There is nothing better than getting great guest feedback. Thank you for the kind words regarding our pet area, we put a lot of thought into our furry friends. I look forward to passing on the positive feedback to my staff as well! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Jazmine Nelms,
Rochester, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I love this hotel! We are in Columbus several times a year as my daughter is stationed at Fort Benning. My number one priority in any hotel is cleanliness. Im rather picky, and This hotel has never disappointed me. Also, free parking and free breakfast are pluses. The eggs, however, are not exactly my favorite, but the pancakes are always good! I wish the workout room was bigger/better equipped, but it is certainly adequate for the average traveler.
The staff is always very friendly, and the front desk clerk even remembered us from our previous stay. We changed our reservation after the first day of our stay to accommodate a dog, and Jazmine at the front desk was very helpful and pleasant. She worked very hard to make sure we were not inconvenienced in any way. She was wonderful!
We stay here whenever we are in Columbus, and even though it may be priced a bit higher than some others, it is extremely convenient to the base and the fantastic Infantry Museum.
For me, worth the extra bit of money for assurance of cleanliness and quality.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room, they are enormous!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
What a wonderful compliment to my team. Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. It is rewarding to see that going the extra mile is really appreciated and I was more than pleased to help you. We look forward to your next visit!
With Gratitude,
Front office Manager
Charleston, SC
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I found this establishment to be appropriately clean. The room was quiet and comfortable. Proximity to pose was attractive. It's never a bad thing to have an IHOP next door, but I went for the biscuit and gravy served downstairs and didn't regret it.

The most important factor for me was that the staff was extremely friendly, personable, and courteous.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking time to post your lovely feedback. My team and I look forward to your next stay.
Best Regards,
Front office Manager
Bertrange
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had never been to this area before and needed to be very close to the base for Turning Blue and Graduation and it was. Room was clean and bed very comfortable. Good shower. The only criticism of the room was the noisy air conditioner. It didn't appear to have a low power option. Breakfast was adequate. Afternoon cookies were awesome!!!! Staff lovely. Close to Ranger Joe's and the Infantry Museum. We knew it would be away from the shopping and this was fine with us. The pool area looked inviting but too early in the season. Our son got a very good price on his Military discount.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pippinlux
hiexcfb, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for thanking time to write a review about your experience in our property. I definitely appreciate letting know about the air conditioner. We will look in this to prevent anyone else to have this issue. Have a great day.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This place is so clean & nice. Rooms are lovely & facility is perfect. Close to base & very convenient. Staff is exceptional! Jazmine was friendly & a pleasure to meet. Would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank cjwal
We certainly appreciate your recommendation. To us our guest support is very important and I would like to say Thank You. Also thank you for acknowledging Jazmine's exceptional customer service. I know it will make her very happy to know you remember her services.