Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were very impressed with this hotel. The staff was very personable and helpful, all very pleasant. The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable and very accomadating. We were there for my son who was graduating Army BCT. We stayed in a double queen suite, which had two queen beds and a queen sofa bed pullout. We had a mini kitchen area which came in handy. We were five adults and one small child, and stayed for five nights and six days very comfortably We were only minutes away from the base. I highly recommend it here, especially those who have a soldier graduating! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank MaryMNew
hiexcfb, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Mrs. Mary, I appreciate you taking time to letting me know that my staff is doing a great job. Thank you

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed for 3 days the weekend before Independance Day. The hotel was very clean. The staff was extremely nice. Had a wonderful hot breakfast bar. Would reccomend this hotel to anyone. The room even smelled clean not like some that smell like smoke.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank luvinclowns
JazmineSoFancy, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for posting your review via Trip Advisor refarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Columbus - Ft. Benning, GA. We strive to make all of our guests stay eximplary, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let other potential guests know how pleasant your stay was.

It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. I am forwarding your comments to all managers & staff members at our hotel, to make them aware of the positive impact their hard work is having on our guests.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Jazmine Nelms
Front Office Manager
CSGFB
Phone: 706-507-7080
Email: fdm@hiexcolumbusga.com

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel right before my fiance's deployment to Kuwait. He actually proposed to me during this time and had a dozen roses waiting for me, along with rose petals on the bed and floor, chocolates, and wine waiting for me in the room upon arrival. Our room had a nice hot tub and comfy bed. The room was spacious and nicely appointed with a flat screen TV, mini fridge, and microwave. Service and breakfast were excellent. Breakfast was complimentary, and included eggs, bacon, oatmeal, cereals, yogurt, pastries, juices, fruit and a self-serve pancake machine. The hotel also had a
nice business center equipped with two large flat screen computers. Wi-fi is free, as well. We will definitely be back, as we plan to stay here when I pick him up from his deployment.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank greenidlady
JazmineSoFancy, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for posting your review via Trip Advisor regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Columbus - Ft. Benning, GA. As a Priority Club Rewards member, you are one of our most important guests, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let other potential guests know how pleasant your stay was.

Jazmine Nelms
Front Office Manager
CSGFB
Phone: 706-507-7080
Email: fdm@hiexcolumbusga.com

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had an issue with my reservation that the customer service department could not resolve for me over the phone - they said I would have to discuss it with a manager at the property when I arrived to check in. I was pleasantly surprised that Jazmine at the front desk handled my issue wonderfully and made our stay here very enjoyable. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially folks like us from out of town who are here to attend an Army graduation. Thank you, Jazmine!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jeff B
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank so, much for thank the time to re-post your review. My staff and I are happy that you enjoy yourself and that we were able to assist you with your issue. PLEASE come back and Visit!!!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I have never stayed at a better location in my life. The hotel was new, clean & from the food to the faces everything was so refreshing. My son graduated this week & my husband & I couldn't have enjoyed a better experience anywhere else. We are well seasoned travelers & I must say the Holiday Inn Express Columbus Ft. Banning is our best YET!! Thank you!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
7  Thank Ashleyboo
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My son is graduating from Ft. Benning in the coming weeks. Due to his orders changing we had to shorten our stay at the hotel - one suite and one regular room. The Asst. Mgr - Mimi Gonzales - was rude on the phone and when I asked for a refund for that evening she claimed I would be 'ripping off' the hotel. Since when is changing a stay by one evening ripping off a hotel? This hotel is must be undergoing some kind of financial hardship.

And as far as Ms. Gonzales not sure where she got her customer service training, but this isn't the type of hotel I would recommend nor will I ever give them business in the future.

Apparently projecting a good professional impression isn't something the Holiday Inn at this location has impressed on their staff.

We are not looking forward to staying at this hotel at all.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank C S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear C S,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel was very nice. We booked two suites for the holiday weekend. The room was very large, pullout sofa, two double beds and a wet bar. Everything was new and clean. This location is very close to Fort Benning. Our family lived close to the base. Location is not very close to shopping. You have to travel at least four exits to get to the shopping areas. Since we were visiting family, the location was great. There was a good variety of food at the breakfast bar. Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank lmguyton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning
Hyatt Place Columbus - North
Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
Home2 Suites by Hilton Columbus

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning? Share your experiences!