“I'm Almost Positive This Place is Gone”
Review of Old Siam - CLOSED

Old Siam
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 5, 2014

And that's too bad. The food and prices were good, and the atmosphere was among the best in all of Columbus. I hope something else goes in there soon.

1  Thank Flex M

Reviewed December 23, 2013

While traveling through Columbus, I found this restaurant. I found the food very good. The one thing I found odd was that there was no small soup on the dinner menu. A soup was $11. The dinner was $12, a bit expensive from my experience. I did enjoy the meal though.

1  Thank Nod S
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Good Thai selections and good service make for a good meal at reasonable cost. Convenient to the Springer Opera House.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband loves Thai food, and we found this place exploring downtown around lunchtime, so we stopped in. Both had Pad Thai, mine with chicken, his with pork. My first experience with Thai, so I'm not sure what the benchmark is. Food was pretty good...once it got to the table. Service was pretty not good. Don't think it will be a repeat experience.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have eaten Thai food all over the world, including in Thailand. Thai isn't impossible to get right, and I have a fair hand at it myself, so I know what it takes to make it taste right. And it doesn't have to be in Thailand - one of the best Thai places I have ever eaten is in Asheville, NC! Old Siam had plates of food with ingredients associated with Thailand, but they didn't seem to come together in a way that said they really knew what it was supposed to taste like.

Maybe this was meant to be small town Thai (whatever that is). Maybe it was a new cook. Maybe it was an off day. Whatever. THe food was edible, and I might even eat there again just to make sure. But it wasn't what it needed to be if it wants to be something more than "meh".