Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning
$59
$137
$109
$94
Best Western Plus Columbus/ Ft. Benning(Columbus)(Great Value!)
$73
$92
Comfort Suites(Columbus)(Great Value!)
$97
$63
All reviewsfront deskworked perfectlyfree weightsguest servicesextended staymy sonstove topstaff was friendlyfitness centerfort benningstaying at this hotelcoffee makergreat customer servicevery nice hoteldishwasherlinenscloset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2013

When I can't get a room at the Holiday Inn and Suites on Victory Drive I stay at the Candlewood Suites. The hotel staff is excellant and very helpful. The room was very good and I have no complaints. I will be staying here more often when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Ronald, thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Candlewood Suites - Columbus, GA. I am especially proud that you found the staff here to be accommodating and professional. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed five nights between Christmas and New Years 2012. We travel with a cat and dog (Vizsla) so finding a nice place sometimes is a challenge. Since we were visiting family in the area for the holidays we needed a place a little bigger than a standard motel room. We have always had good experiences at Candlewood Suites we booked this motel. The room was clean, a little worn but it was a pet friendly room so it is to be expected. We did not need room housekeeping during our stay so no contact with housekeeping--our choice. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

I checked the motel's location out prior to booking to look at possible walking locations for the dog. I noticed a large sports complex immediately behind the motel. When we got there I observed a large fence that prevented me from cutting through the wood fence row to the complex. Upon a little more exploring I found if I walked to the south where Tattoo Parlor next door had a similar fence but where it ended there was a path cutting through the woods (small stand). It had a barbed wire string I had to duck under but very accessable. On our return trip we found a better path just a little futher south. It was littered with old fast food wrappers and bottles but after entering the woods it was easy going. Not a place my wife would want to walk but for the men this not a problem. Some women would not mind the minor garbage but others might.

The sports complex has all the fields fenced in but there is a large area surrounding the ball fields to walk the dog. Basically this whole area is fenced in, either from the ball fields or the surrounding businesses. It was a very good place to let the dog off leash and run.

The motel should have blinds on the windows that close. The sheeres that covered the window did not stop the parking lot light from shining in. Not terrible but in the middle of the night when I was having trouble getting back to sleep it was a minor irritation.

The motel is not in the best part of town. The trailer park the north is less than up scale, actually it is low rent. Although, across the street has a wide variety of fast food, just past the intersection where the motel there is a Pigglywiggly grocery store and a drug store. All within easy walking or quick drive. Access to the motel is super easy, it is right at the traffic signal.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Gary, thank you for your detailed and insightful comments about our Candlewood Suites hotel. We love pets, and our entire hotel is pet friendly. Your comments about the blinds was much appreciated, I'm happy to be able to tell you that we have installed them in all the rooms.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We we in town for my brother's basic training graduation. The location is close to Fort Benning, but not in the best area. We were planning to stay almost a week, looking forward to using the kitchen to avoid eating junk food all week. However, after the first night, we woke up to a number of small roaches crawling all over the kitchen counter. All our food was put away in the fridge or sealed. My husband had to kill two large roaches as well. We checked out immediately, with no problems. While the location and type of room with a kitchenette was ideal, all that was cancelled out by the bug problem. Please be weary of booking here!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BearsChik18
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I needed a place to stay for one night that was close to Fort Benning and this hotel did the trick. The room was large, clean, and comfortable. The room had a decent kitchenette which I didn't use, but for an extended stay, it would have come in handy. The bed was so comfortable that I had trouble getting up in the morning, but some of that could be attributed to my 11:30 pm arrival. Speaking of which, even when checking in at a fairly late hour, the desk staff was friendly and helpful.

Given the reasonable price and the quality of the stay, I'd definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you want to be close to Fort Benning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for your kindly worded review. We take special pride in your compliments on our beds. Candlewood Suites as a brand spends a significant amount more than our competitors, even more than many luxury brands, on ensuring that the mattresses and bedding utilized in the room are of the highest quality.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed at in a long time. The staff is extremely friendly. The location is close to Ft. Benning, shopping, and restaurants. I was really impressed with service of all the staff I encountered.

Room Tip: I stayed on the forth floor. There was not any noise with the exception of some street traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank tsadler85

There is nothing a hotelier likes to hear more than a guest saying that their hotel was clean. Our Candlewood Suites won the Torchbearer award for 2012, indicating that it is the best kept and presented hotel of its kind. Its comments like this that make us feel that we earned the award.