“Son's Basic Training Graduation”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning
Ranked #33 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel was very nice and a pleasure to stay at. The beds were very comfortable and they gave us extra pillows which helped greatly. It is only about 15 minutes from either Ft. Benning and the National Infantry Museum where the graduations were held. The only problems that we encountered were very minor and would not deter us from staying here again. We had a little trouble with the TV Channels (eventually HBO showed up) and the fridge froze our food but we were able to get these resolved. We stayed on the 3rd floor and we had a lot of thumping coming from above us, we figured it was children as families began showing up for the soldiers graduation. All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Ken F, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your feedback. I am glad our staff was able to handle the noise challenge you experienced. We are currently having our cable service looked at to ensure no other challenges occur with our televisions. I apologize for any inconvenience you might have had. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly should need anything. 706-685-2305. Again, Thank you for your positive feedback.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

In searching for a convenient yet inexpensive place to stay for my son's Airborne Graduation at Fort Benning, I encountered your website and, without hesitation, booked a room. What a perfect match! From check-in, to check-out, it was a problem-free, inviting place to stay! Thanks for the support your staff showed towards my son's service to our country!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Ken F, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that we could take care of you and your family. If you should have any questions or need future accommodations, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. 706-685-2305.

Ken Floyd

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My granddaughter and I have family in the area. We traveled from SC to see them and truly had a wonderful stay here at the Microtel. The General Manager was helpful and accommodating. His staff was professional, cheerful, and kind. I would recommend staying here and we will stay here on our future visits. Great location, extra clean, comfortable, and a wonderful staff. *****

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your feedback. If you should have any questions or need future accommodations, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. 706-685-2305.

Ken Floyd

Reviewed September 30, 2012

She was the most approachable customer specialist that I have met in my travels for a long time. She was eager to help get me and my family of three taken care of expediently and efficiently. She made sure we were comfortable, and extended Microtel's best services. We were more than rewarded with comfort and hospitality, but rested with care and professional benefits. We will always use Microtel Inn & Suites when we return to Columbus, Georgia, because of personnel as Ms Taneathia. Many thanks to Ms Taneathia, and Microtel's training staff.

Room Tip: No additional comments.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Ken F, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your positive review! We really appreciate your comments. I have commended Taneathia on your comments. She does an excellent job in maintaining our guest's satisfaction. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to complete a review. I am happy we could take such great care of you and your family. We look forward to having you all back to stay with us again. If you should have any questions or need accommodations in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 706-685-2305.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Perfect location, very friendly and helpfull staff, exellent hotel conditions and the best of all, wonderfull breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking time to review us. Our staff works very hard to ensure all of our guests are completely satisfied with their stay. We are glad you got experience our pool. Our pool is open year around for our guest's enjoyment. Again, thank you for your positive feedback. It is always a pleasure to share with our staff how great a job they are doing. If you should have any questions or need accommodations in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 706-685-2305.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as it was recommended by a friend. I would have to say that it was a good thing we did. Front desk people were nice and friendly and very helpful. The room was clean, but for a double it seemed a bit small. My father-in-law stayed at the same hotel in a one bed suite and it was nice and roomy, any one traveling with one or two small children I would recommend spending the extra money for the suite. It was very close to the base and that really made it nice when we had to get up early for family day and graduation. It has an outdoor pool but it is in the south always warm there. I can't say it enough anyone that is going to BCT graduation at Ft. Benning must and should stay here you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: One bed suite room would be perfect for family with small children.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My overall stay was nice. Location was actually minutes away from the cermony sites, also the shopping area. Parking lot was lite with camera's I wasnt worried about my surroundings. Highly reccommended.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your positive feedback! We enjoyed having you here with us. Our location is great due to its proximity to the base. We are about two miles away. We, also, have many local eatery's less than ten minutes away. Our guest's safety is our number one concern, we are so glad you feel safe here. We keep our parking lots lit and have cameras on all entrances and exits to the building. Again, Thank you for your review. If you should have any questions or need accommodations in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 706-685-2305.