Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning
Ranked #31 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Milton, Florida
“What Happen”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The motel was clean but the carpet was water stained very bad,Wanted a good hot bath and there were hardly any hot water. the room was very small and it had no fridge, microwave or coffee pot. The price was alittle high for this kind of room. Everyone we met was great but unfortunately the room didn't.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ken F, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I apologize your stay was less than satisfactory. We are in the process of reviewing our carpet cleaning process to make sure that they are maintained more frequently. I have, also, looked into the hot water challenge you experienced. While it is not a known issue, I have contacted someone to come out an address the situation. The majority of our rooms do come with a microwave and refrigerator with the exception of our room with one queen bed. All of our rooms feature a coffee maker with regular and decaf coffee. We do have rooms that can accommodate all of our guest's needs. We have suites and rooms with two queen beds that are much larger. We appreciate your feedback and we hope that you will join us again. Should you need accommodations or if you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 706-685-2305. Again, Thank you for your review.

Ken Floyd III

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
SAN ANTONIO
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed with family for family day and military graduation. Clean rooms great beds and very friendly - helpful staff. Excellant value for the price, stayed on two different occassions.

CANAL WINCHESTER
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The room was very clean & had plenty of room for my clothes. The only trouble I had was getting to sleep that night, I could hear everything from people walking in the hall to people closing their car door outside. I could also hear the air conditioner kick on every few hours. The hotel is minutes from the Army base, the airport and exit 10 had lots of great places to eat along with shopping! Staff was very helpful with all the questions we had.. Oh, the water pressure was great! Woke up with a headache & the shower was like a nice, HOT massage!

GROVETOWN
Reviewed September 25, 2012

excellence service, will continue to stay at this location when I visit again. I used to hotel to visit my inlaws on almost a monthly base. I would just recommend giving an upgrade to a suite (only if available) at the time of check in.

Columbus
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The facility was very well kept and the front staff especially LaShawn were very professional and pleasant. I was in the hotel for a month and I did not see a decline in the great service. The last day was as pleasant as the first. The breakfast bar was very appealling and always well stocked. The rooms were very comfortable and the bed pillows gave great support for neck and head. One thing that especially impressed me was the way all of the employees were pleasant and seemed to enjoy their jobs. I observed this in the cleaning staff, the front desk help and the management. That indicates great employee morale and it makes for better service to customers.
I was staying at the hotel due to fire in my home and the convenience of the hotel made this a less traumatic time for me. I also liked how the hotel worked so well with my insurance company to handle my stay. I often host speakers to the city and in the past have placed them in hotels on the north side. Since our events are held on the south side, it is good to know that I can use this St. Mary's Road facility with confidence.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ken F, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We really enjoyed having you here with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate your business. If there is ever anything we can do in the future for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three days for our sons Graduation from Ft. Benning and I'm so glad I chose this hotel. The hotel was clean and our room was cleaned daily. The bed was very comfortable as well. The staff was really friendly and made you feel welcome. The continental breakfast is what you would expect from a hotel ( cereal, muffins, bagels etc.) I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Ft. Benning for graduation, the price is right and the location is close as well. Thanks for making our stay at your hotel so pleasant!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ken F, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! We are delighted that we could make your stay so enjoyable. Our guests are the reason why we are in this business. Guest service is very important to us. Again, thank you for the positive review. If there is anything we can do for you and your family in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked in advance for Ft Benning graduation and reservations were no problem. I phoned Ft Benning and they recommended this hotel above others in the area. Upon arrival the first thing that empressed me was the cleanilness of the hotel. Everyone at the front desk was welcoming everytime I walked thru the door except at check in. I checked in with Karen and she made me feel like she was doing me a favor to check me in. I started wondering if this hotel was going to be ok. After the initial contact with Karen she seemed freindly so I don't know if she was having a bad day on my arrival or what the situation was. There is another Karen and Linda that I would like to make mention of as they greated us every morning with fresh hot coffee and freindly smiles and conversation. This hotel has a very limited breakfast which was little disappointing but Linda did advise me that they were expanding their breakfast and remodeling would be beginning shortly. Breakfast was sufficent to start the day though. The housekeeping staff was very freindly and did an excellent job on our room for the whole 3 days we were there. I will be back in November for my son's Ranger Graduation and I will be staying at Microtel again. Linda recommended we book in advance as the recommended hotels to Ft Benning sell out fast. Just waiting for the graduation date and I will be booking. Thank you for a very pleasant stay!