Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Miami, Florida
“Awesome!!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Closer to our destination, FT Benning. Clean, Clear!! The service is A PLUS...Highly recommended!!! The team have an excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS!!! So do not miss the opportunity to stay here!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicky R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
bath
Reviewed April 19, 2011

They supported an 8 man team for a week. Were able to quickly adapt to our changing schedule and manager LED THE WAY in making sure basic tasks were accomplished to standard. Rooms and bedding were clean and exactly as expected. They served continental breakfast and coffee at 3:45 am, upon our request, given that we had to leave by 4 am for work.

We will see you again in two months.

Additional Info- only 2 miles north of the FTB main gate and cheapest rate for that quality level.

Room Tip: Ask for it.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The service that I recieve from the Microtel Inn is second to none. My partner and I travel a lot with our business and everytime we come to Columbus, Ga to work we look forward to staying at the Microtel. The people are always courteous and the facilities are always clean, especially the bathrooms which is very important to me. I have never had an issue with my reservations and my room is always in tip top shape.
The location of the hotel is perfect sitting right off the main highway (185), which is perfect for my business. I can't really think of anything that I don't like about the Microtel.

My business partner and I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the area, high end and budget hotels. The Microtel on St. Mary Rd. is far better than all the hotels including the more expensive ones. You will definitely get more "bang for your buck" at the Microtel.
The best part about the Microtel is their beds. They have the most comfortable beds I have ever experienced bar none. I wish that I could take the bed back with me to my home.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
warwick, ga
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I recently stayed at the Columbus/Ft.Benning location and was extremely impressed wiith the reception I received upon my arrival. The GM Valerie Leslie, met me at the door to welcome me into the hotel. The room was extremely clean as well as comfortable. Everyone on Ms. Leslie's staff had a cheerful attitude and made me have that at home feeling. I have stayed at many wonderful hotels during my travels but must say have never had a GM open the door for me. Because of Ms. Leslie, this hotel will be my first choice when in Columbus.

Donna Arndt

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Baghdad, Iraq
Reviewed December 26, 2010

A colleague and I booked a room at Microtel for 3 nights, then we extended it two more nights. They moved all of our belongings into a banquet center and claimed that we didn't extend our stay and that we missed check out, and that they were sold out of rooms so we couldn't check back in. I ended up deploying to Iraq and was missing my phone cord, I phoned and asked them to check our hold room to see if my cord was in there and they said yes. I've asked them to send it to me twice in the past two weeks since I've been in Iraq and I haven't received anything. All my family, friends, and banking contacts are on that phone in addition to my MP3 player. Such little things like phone numbers and music is so important to us in deployment who have nothing else to do in our personal time but reach out to family and freinds and listen to music. They also refused to accept a package in the mail that was sent for me for deployment and I had to chase the package down to two different post offices before I could track it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2010

My family and I came in from North Carolina to visit my brother who has been ill. We reserved 2 rms and honestly if they were not already reserved we would have gone to another hotel. The customer service lady maybe she was having a bad day but she was pretty rude. I have been on both sides of the counter and bad day or not there is a way to treat customers. We were not happy with the way things were handled. I chose this hotel because it was but about 5 minutes from where my brother lives but next time we would prefer going somewhere else

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Nevada
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Was in Columbus for a Ft. Benning graduation. I enjoyed the exercise room; the room itself was clean, and the beds very comfortable. It was also a good value. I will stay there again in a few months for my family's next graduation.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends