“A Great Place While Attending Fort Benning Basic Training Graduation!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #29 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed Monday through Friday for the 09/27/12 Fort Benning Graduation Services and the service was excellent. The rooms were cleaned daily with everything totally replenished. If you ever called with questions, they were immediately and politely handled the first minute you called the front desk (or you could have gone to the front desk any time). The pool was clean and well-kept and clean and beautifully landscaped. The continental breakfast each morning was more than generous with all types of juices, coffees, cereals, yogurts, breads of many kinds, ham & cheese microwaveable sandwiches, fresh fruits, any condiment and also Philadelphia cheese spreads to jelly, jam, etc. The wake-up call service to often being asked if everything was okay and was there anything we needed....their staff was top-notch! Every staff member was polite and you could sense their genuine happiness and concern when they spoke with you. I misplaced my wallet and accidentally dropped the cover over it and I went to the breakfast area and everyone there looked around, passed the word around and stopped any garbage from being dumped and the second I found it, I went to the desk right away and notified them that a blanket fell over it on the bed while i was packing and you could see the kindness in their eyes and never once, never were you treated you with disrespect. I previously read reviews and I can tell you that we were located on the back side (away from the highway) and never heard any bothersome "highway noise even when we went to and from the car many times in the evening hours while visiting our soldiers, to shopping, to going to restaurants. The other hotel guests were polite and friendly and everyone said "hello" to one another. The instant coffee maker with coffee supplies were stocked every morning beside having coffee in the front lounge. The refrigerator and microwave were plentiful in size as were the drawers and closet area. The spin around office chair was so comfortable and logging into their sign-in numbers so you could connect to their wifi was an added bonus when using even our cell phones. There were indeed plenty of outlets so you were never searching for any. I would recommend this hotel to every one and ask for Army discounts, 3 days or more discounts because their prices were wonderful for five nights' stay. I joined the Best Western program and will stay at Best Western from now on for sure. To go to Fort Benning, you merely turned out onto the road, took the far-left lane, and proceeded onto the highway and arrived right at the front gates of Fort Benning !!! :) Thank you very much. Cindy Zimmerman, Pennsylvania, 10/03/2012 (save your review before trying to download a pic just in case - even though they save it for you for convenience)

Room Tip: I previously read reviews and I can tell you that we were located on the back side (away from the h...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Cindy Z
yael s, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Ms. Zimmerman we are all so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I can not thank you enough for the kind words about the hotel, staff, and other guest's.

We strive to ensure that every guest has a great experience and I am pleased that we were able to provide you this service.

I am going to share this with the entire staff and ownership.

If your travels bring you back this way we hope you will choose Best Western-COLUMBUS again.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for nephews graduation from Army bootcamp - the price was reasonable and I expected the run of the mill place to lay your head. I was VERY pleasantly surprised.

The work area with comfy office chair was a pure bonus. To have somewhere to work when I needed to complete with ample plug-in space was much appreciated.

One thing I always have an issue with at hotels is enough plug ins for my phone, cpap, white noise maker (cant sleep without it!) and laptop. Usually I'm unplugging lamps and climbing behind furniture to plug in things. NOT HERE! The lamps with plug outlets are BRILLIANT!

The fridge.. much appreciated. Not hard as a board mattress, thank goodness. The "clean remote" , nice touch.

The rooms are very nicely decorated in modern decor and linens was very nice.

And lots of cable channels to boot!

If your looking for a place to stay with the most bang for your buck.. check out Best Western Columbus. Oh and the Mexican restaurant out front was pretty good too!!

• Stayed: August 2012
yael s, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I appreciate you taking the time to share with other travelers your experience at our hotel.

We try to exceed our guest's expectations and are glad that we were able to do that. We know you have plenty of choices when traveling and are glad you gave us a chance.

Please stop by and see us anytime you are in the Columbus GA area again. I will be sharing this review with my staff.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family and I went down and stayed July 26th - 29th 2012 for family day at Fort Benning. Reserved 2 rooms. They were very nice and very very clean. service was wonderful. pool was very adequate. breakfast very good and eating area very clean. Could not have asked for anything nicer. takes 5 minutes to get to Fort Benning. We have reservations for August 29-31 2012 for Turning Blue and Graduation.

Room Tip: Read Reviews and remember you can't please everyone.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
yael s, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We know you have many choices when traveling.

I will pass on these comments to my staff. We hope if you are ever in the Columbus Ga area again you will visit with us.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My daughter and niece stayed at this hotel July 7-8, 2012. They thought it was great. My daughter is a CSU student, so they provided her with a Student rate, which was wonderful. The two really enjoyed their stay and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ROWM2002
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate all the feedback we receive. We try to work closely with Columbus State University and are glad to offer a great rate to visitors of the University.

We look forward to welcoming your daughter and niece again.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at this motel June 27-29th. Graduation from Fort Benning. The location is PERFECT! Easy to find your way around. Rooms were ok.. Not super clean but not totally gross. Noise was not a problem, The weather was HOT!! Their pool the first day didnt look like there was a filter running or moving the water. The second day coming home from "family day" the pool was being emptied and refilled.. SERIOUSLY!! This should be done at night so people can use the pool during the day. Poeple were using the pool as the water was filling because of the heat!!
Breakfast in the morning was fine... It saved you time to grab something and go..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pooh22
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad you found the location good and enjoyed our breakfast.

I must apologize that our pool was taken down for maintenance at an inopportune time. I have discussed this with our maintenance staff and agree this should be done when our pool is not in use.

We appreciate all the feedback we receive.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We booked this hotel with a free nights cert. we had earned from Best Western. We have stayed at a number of Best Westerns and have not had any troubles. The check in was easy and fast, we arrived early but our room was ready. The hotel is on I-185 in Columbus Ga. If you get a room with an even number, like we did, you have a lot of freeway noise. There are elevators but they are on the odd number rooms side of the hotel. There is a Mexican food restaurant in the parking lot of the hotel, a liquor store near.

The hotel is clean and the bed is a little firm for our tastes but it is an okay place to stay if you are coming to Columbus GA. The staff, David, was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela-and-Greg
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for leaving us feedback. We take the comments of our guests and use them to help us improve.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and if your travels find you back this way please stop by and see us again.

Thank you.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from June 5th till June 9th in room 217. This room is on the other site from the I-185 so you do not hear much of the traffic. But you better hope that you do not have neighbours who enter at 1AM and take a bath or use their toilet. If the rooms to your left, right or back use their facilities you will hear it.
We gave an average because the breakfast is good. There are meat biscuits to warm in the micro, waffels, fruit, different juices, boiled eggs, .... This hotel has no guest laundry. Also we are used to stay at Best Western hotels where the rooms are better maintained.
Do not expect to get extra information from John, front desk attendant. He thinks it is normal that people look at the paper cover of the roomkey to get the code for the wifi and that you have to put the TV on channel 3 with the white remote and then change channels with the black remote.
We will not stay again at this hotel at the price we had to pay (average 77,66$)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmarilisVos
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

I am so sorry that your stay was less than perfect. We are always looking for guest feedback on ways to improve and appreciate the time you took to write this review.

With the information you have given us we can then use it to train the staff to better suit the needs of our guests, as well as deal with maintainence issues that can arise.

Thank you again and please give us an opportunity to show you what great customer care is.