“Clean, Safe, and Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Columbus - North

Hyatt Place Columbus - North
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Georgia
“Clean, Safe, and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed here for my husband's OCS branching ceremony weekened. It was super nice. The king room was very spacious, clean, and the staff was friendly. The bed was comfortable and the TV is huge and turns to face the "living room" and/or bed. We even brought our Wii for a little down time. They have easy to use hook-ups for gaming systems. The things that made this place stand out was the little "office" they had by the lobby. I used the computers to look of up and print directions to the ceremony for free. I even forgot my cell phone charger and one of the night hosts let me borrow a charger for my phone. I had an issue with my guest room door not staying locked and it was fixed immediately. They don't have microwaves in the rooms but they do have one downstairs in the lobby along with plates, silverware, etc. The only thing I could compare to other hotels was the breakfast. I've been to other hotels where the breakfast had more offerings for free. Of course they also had other selections available for an additional cost. That being said, we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Bring your gaming system for additional fun, they have easy hook-ups.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mrsfarias

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed here in March after my husband became critically ill while at work (he worked in Columbus for work during the week while we lived in South Carolina). The trip was very much last minute and unexpected. The staff was amazing to myself, my children, and my family. They arranged the rooms to where we could be across the hall from one another and gave us breakfast vouchers upon arrival. The staff never failed to check on my husband's condition each time I walked in the door. The rooms were very clean, well stocked, and had lots of room for my young kids to move about. There is a Texas Roadhouse right beside the hotel which is a nice option for a good meal. For breakfast, there is an IHOP across the street. I can't thank that staff of Hyatt Place North enough for their hospitality and care for myself and my family during a very difficult time. My hubby is on the mend and we will certainly stay there should we ever visit Columbus in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jmckelvey
Leesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

I was looking for a place to stay during the week of Miss Georgia. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room rates were SO reasonable! The front desk staff was very kind in making my reservations. When I entered my room, I was amazed! Residents of NYC would be envious of such a spacious area...A TON of square footage. Room was extremely quiet. Great experience! Now looking for more Hyatt Place hotels when I travel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank essiefish
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed at Hyatt Place while going to see my nephew graduate from Ft. Benning, and it was really nice. It is a bit far from Ft. Benning but worth it as it is in a good location and near many things. It took us about half an hour to get to Ft. Benning in the morning, which wasn’t terrible. Hotel is right off of the highway and easy to find, even at night. Located about two blocks from a Starbucks, for in the AM.

Our room was huge, king size bed but there was so much extra room. There was also a sitting room with a pull out sofa. Two sinks in the room, but none in the bathroom- I guess so another person can get ready while the other showers. TV was quite large and had all the connections in case you needed to hook up some equipment.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Magoosangel
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

Some months I spend half my nights in hotels, so I've stayed hundreds of nights at virtually every brand. Hyatt Place is the new kid on the block of 'premium express hotels', along with Courtyard & Hilton Garden Inns. This was my 1st experience with Hyatt Place, & I stayed at 2 of them this trip. 1st, the beds, often not mentioned in reviews but among the most important things. Beds were very comfortable, triple sheeted, with high thread count - nice. They're not up to 1st class standards, but they are 3 cuts above the likes of a Holiday Inn Express. They are plush & pillow topped. About the same standards as a Courtyard. I rarely comment on staff because I find good & bad even at the same hotel - besides, staff turnover is less than a yr. at hotels, so it's not likely you'll see the same person I did. Like Hilton GI & Courtyard, breakfast is available cooked to order but costs extra. Unlike Hilton GI & Courtyard, they also have a free cont. breakfast, but it's not up to standards. Cerial, bread, & mini-danish - that's it except some nice fruit. Breakfast ends far too early at 9:30. I prefer Courtyard or Hilton where breakfast runs til 10-11 a.m. The decor is contemporary but has a goudy & confining feel to me. The rooms were VERY spacious & contemporary, but not well furnished. No dresser, just 3 small drawers built into the bath vanity - which was outside of a closet size bathroom. It had a small desk (the only free-standing furniture piece) & ergo chair. Night stand is just a shelf between the beds. It had a wet bar & fridge. A huge design flaw is NO microwave and when I asked at the front desk, the girl said they get numerous complaints about that. So, enjoy your cold coffee. That is, if you can get a cup of coffee out of the rediculous makers. These coffee makers take a tea-bag size filter pack good for about a half a cup of good coffee. Those who travel with their own coffee & 4-cup filters are out of luck. Complimentary cofee/tea is NOT available in the lobby except in narrow window of breakfast. An L-shaped sofa is standard & a nice touch. Unfortunately, it's very hard & uncomfortable - built to take a commercial beating. Lighting is blinding with no soft lighting. Window treatment is scant. The nicest room feature is the 42" TV, and the beds. They do not have a hot-tub, unlike most Courtyards & Hiltons. Pool is out-doors & seasonal. Parking spaces are very narror & tight. Hyatt Place is a nice new product that will enjoy a following, but it's got it's flaws and some are significant. The folks at Hilton Garden Inn & Courtyard should NOT be worried.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

The Hyatt only guarantees the reservation -not the type of room or where it's located in the building. Don't waste your time "requesting" a room on a higher floor or a king bed -you'll get whatever they have. My confirmation reads "king bed" and high floor -but that's not what I got. Very annoyed. Won't stay at a Hyatt ever again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Upfield
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

I've been staying in Hyatt Place hotels for the past two years and I have to admit I am always amazed by how clean and well layed out these hotels are. The HP in Columbus, GA is no exception and just reaffirmed my thoughts that Hyatt Place is the best value out there.

Each room has a 42" plasma tv, extended seating area with oversize ottaman and a desk with free high-speed internet. Most properties are refrubed "Amerisuites" hotels and each give you the same experience as the last. While this is not a four star hotel the room is spacious and the meal options available from the cafe give any room service menu a run for its money.

This stay matched every stay at every Hyatt Place I've ever visited. The bed (king) was comfy with just the right number of pillows and clean, crisp sheets. The shower seems roomier than that of a regular hotel and the "massage soap" is a nice touch. The TV is centrally located so you can watch from bed or cuddle up on the couch for a movie night; they even give you a throw to use!

I wish I could say the staff here made the difference but to date I've found all Hyatt Place staff to be the same great bunch! They are all warm and welcoming while ensuring they give you your space. In short I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Columbus (or anywhere else there's a Hyatt Place)!

The only issue one may find is that there's not a ton of storage space for clothing. If you are staying for more than a week there may be better options but for a week or less this is a no-brainer.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple