“A great place to stay”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning
Ranked #36 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Suburban Extended Stay last month and would like to compliment the entire staff on making it an awesome stay start to finish. Duke, Amy, Kathy, Jennifer, Nicole and every single one of the staff members was awesome. The rooms were clean and inviting, the grounds were impeccable and offered plenty of room to relax, cook out and spend down time in a home like environment. Thanks for making everyone feel like family. Job well done!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank dedicatedArmywife
Jennifer A, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you so much for your review and also for remembering so many of our staff member's names. This shows even more how much you must have enjoyed your time with us, if you are able to remember everyone's names. I appreciate the time it took for you to share your experience and I hope that you get the opportunity to visit with us again.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was nervous to be traveling alone going to Fort Benning to see my son graduate. But once I got to the Suburban Extended Stay I felt very comfortable.The staff there are all very nice and the owner Duke made me feel very welcome.I enjoyed our visits very much! I stayed for 5 nights and if I ever visit Fort Benning again I would stay at the Suburban again.I recommend to anyone going to Fort Benning to stay at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel.You will find its everything you need.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Debi P

Thank you for your wonderful review. The best reviews are always the ones where guests share their experiences with our staff. We very much enjoy meeting people from all over the world and it makes us happy to hear how much our guests enjoyed spending time with us.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was traveling through the area for family business and someone suggested that I stay here... What a WONDERFUL suggestion! I was greeted by a very nice lady at the front desk. Well, actually 2 of them. One turned out to be the breakfast host, Christina. Come to find out she works the desk as well. Good thing because she is so funny and friendly!! LOVED her! Made sure I had everything I needed. The other lady at the desk was Amy. Any question I had she knew the answer. If not she immediately found out. Everyone seemed to work so well together. Real family type environment. I must say southern hospitality at its finest! If you are ever in Columbus and need a place to stay, I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Melissa B

I would also like to apologize for the length of time to receive a reply to your review as we do appreciate anytime a guest takes time out of their busy lives to share their experience. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the interaction with our staff. We enjoy meeting the many different family members or our graduating soldiers and we hope that you get the chance to come visit with us again.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed two nights at the Suburban Extended Stay In December of 2013, near Fort Benning Ga.
We were greeted at a very decent price, The employees at this Hotel were very respectful, I came down from my room several times to ask for assistance and necessities that I had forgotten at home, everything I asked if they had, They tried their hardest to assist my needs. I found the room I was given to be appropriately suitable and clean. There was not any complaints with the tidiness of the beds or bathroom in our room neither. I enjoyed staying here and the Employees and staff made it feel as if we were at home, they were friendly, caring, and very social.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking time out to share your experience. I apologize for the delay in my reply; it seems as if there were some issues getting some of my responses to submit. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you get a chance to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I came for graduation. First, on the news was robberies, kidnapping, all right along his road. Apparently so bad of an area the front desk locks the door and pulls down a gate at dark. The rooms were dark. Dusty lamp shades...dust all over. Blood in the sink, toilet not cleaned and the bedding was old and grungy. The front desk staff, well, as long as you didn't ask for anything was okay. The lady that did breakfast wasn't sociable at all. Heard her cussing and using racial slurs. The breakfast consisted of cold coffee, muffins, gravy that didn't taste or look right, cold hard biscuits. I also believe I was overcharged but when spoke with the manager she was quite rude. The halls are spot painted and looks horrible.

Room Tip: There are no restaurants near except fast food, no shopping centers except dollar general. Exit 1b...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer A, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

I want to first thank you for taking time out to share your experience with us and to apologize that your stay was not as it should have been. We do "close" the front desk during our night audit shift. This is for the safety of our employees. They are busy with paperwork which makes them less able to be as diligent about their surroundings. Crime in our area is no higher than in other areas of Columbus; however, we do choose to do all that we can to ensure added safety for our employees who are working alone. I have tried to look further into other comments you have made on your review; however, I am unable to find any comments referring to housekeeping conditions that were made to our staff and I have unable to find information about a manager speaking to you about overage charges. I would like to have you contact me by email so that I may further discuss this issue with you. Please contact me at gin.suburban@gmail.com

Reviewed November 16, 2013

As I was visiting my fiance at Fort Benning after his military graduation we were guided to stay at the Suburban Inn by a "neighboring" hotel. We were told that they only had two rooms left and everything else was booked in ALL of Columbus. Both rooms were horrific! Both were non-smoking. One reeked of smoke and the other reeked of.... I really don't know what. Years of uncleanliness is my guess. We could hardly sleep it was so dirty and smelled so bad. I was worried we'd have to sleep in the car that night, but after staying in the hotel room I would have rather roughed it in the parking lot. I understand when you travel you can't expect the best. At this price I couldn't have expected ANYTHING worse!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carly L
Jennifer A, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

I honestly do not know how to respond to your review. My first response is that maybe you stayed somewhere else and had us mixed up with that hotel. We have never had a complaint such as this. We have had complaints that we are showing wear and tear, but nothing like this. I would like you to contact me at gin.suburban@gmail.com so that I may look into this situation further. Thank you.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Was in town for 2 nights to participate in the Soldier Marathon at Ft Benning, just needed somewhere to rest & relax before and after the marathon. Conveinent to entrance of Ft Benning, only about one mile away. Check in/out was easy and without problems, desk clerks were friendly and helpful. Rooms were nice and spacious. Walls must be thin, noise from hallway and other rooms were quite noticeable, but at least it wasn't constant since we were in a more secluded area of the hotel. Breakfast starts at 7AM, the marathon started at 8, so that wasn't good, but I had brought my own food, so it worked out. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out to send us this review. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. We actually did start breakfast an hour earlier (at 6am) on race day for our Marathon runners. I apologize that our staff did not make this clear to you. Your reference to thin walls is not our first and we are trying to find ways to correct this problem. I hope that you get to stay with us again and run in the marathon again next year. We enjoy having the marathon runners stay with us and we are always looking for ways to improve our guests' stay with us. Thank you.