“Awesome friendly place like home.”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning
Ranked #36 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The staff was amazing and friendly. The owner was amazing. His knowledge was most helpful. This is where I will stay again when we are in town. Military friendly. great location for Fort Benning. and Sandhill. accommodate children with outdoor games and movie nites.

• Stayed: February 2013
Jennifer A, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It makes us so happy to see that our guests were happy with us. We strive to ensure every guest who stays with us feels like this is their home. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself here and hope that you get a chance to come stay with us again.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were at Ft. Benning for our son's graduation - we are so propud of him - and chose this hotel at the suggestions of another family on base. It was terrific. The GM took special care of us, and we so enjoyed the whole stay. Ouyr room was terrific with a kitchen and lots of space, adn we enjoyed it all. It's a place we can recommend absolutely.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Warren K
Jennifer A, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We love hearing from our guests and we certainly love hearing such postive feedback. More than anything we want our guests to enjoy their time in Columbus and here at Suburban. We hope you get a chance to come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

One of the most accommodating, and friendliest staffs I have ever experienced. Very nice rooms, and facilities at a price you can't beat. I would highly recommend Suburban Extended Stay of Columbus to anyone looking for a first class place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Justin W
Jennifer A, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. We hope that you get a chance to come stay with us again.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at suburban in columbus ga the rooms were very clean and the front desk were very nice and friendly and helful answer you any question or concerns.
housekeeping were nice to did a nice job keeping my room tidy up and all the staff treat you like home and the breakfast was great to thank you for your great service while i was staying here and visting ft benning

Room Tip: I would recommend this place to anyone coming to this area
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nikki55-12
Jennifer A, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. More than anything, I like to read reviews from our guest that tell us how they feel at home with us. We want all of our guests to have experiences like yours when they are staying with us. We hope that you get the chance to come stay with us again.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel. Very clean, nice breakfast, pool, outside area for games, pet area. outside BBQ patio gazebo. Friendly helpful staff, lots of parking. Close to FT.Benning, But quite a drive to good resturants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always happy to hear that people enjoyed spending time in our backyard with the amenities we offer. Thank you so much for taking time to leave us your review.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I just want to say that this is the best hotel you will find in Columbus, Georgia. The staff will treat you like family each and every time. They aren't fake when holding conversations or assisting you with something because they show true, genuine southern hospitality. I have stayed here multiple times since March all because of the hotel staff, kitchenette (in every room), gazebo (with a nice flat screen tv), horseshoes, free breakfast, and the nice pool that has me coming back each and every time. My husband and I got married last weekend and we used the outdoor gazebo for the 11 of us to cut cake, toast, listen to music etc. It was very pleasant. When the tiki lights were out of fluid, Duke (the owner) happily refilled them all. There are a couple outdoor grills for the use of guests and the coal is almost always out in a bag for people to use. We stayed in a suite and we loved the two flat screen tvs and small couch. You won't be disappointed if you stay there and if you had any concern about anything then it's possibility it's your fault if you didn't ask the staff to help you because they will do their best each and every time to make sure you feel the most comfortable. Oh and there is an awesome hole-in-the-wall mexican restaurant in walking distance or very short drive in the Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store area. It's delicious and fast (amazing chips and salsa) but it was nice to have a restaurant close enough for my husband and I to walk to. (The front entrance of the restaurant is on the opposite side of Victory Drive so it's not as easy to see from that road.)

Room Tip: If you think you will be using the pool or gazebo a lot, it's nice to have a room on the first f...
1  Thank Adrianna P
Jennifer A, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for this amazing review. I think your review will be helpful to many future guests; we do want our guests to let us know if they need anything or there is something wrong that we can correct. We want all of our guests to have a happy experience like yours. We want our guests to know that we want them all to be happy and to enjoy their time here. That is our ultimate goal. I hope you are enjoying married life and when you are ready to move to this area, you know that we are here to help in any way we can.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

What an amazing place to stay. Found this hotel back in March by accident....LOVE IT! They bring a little bit of home to you. The gazebo is a fabulous place to hang out with your family and friends, we grilled steaks on the grills (long time since i've used charcoal)! The pool is clean and grounds are clean. The rooms have a full refridgerator and stove top to cook, w/utensils included. The workout room is great and the laundry facilities are a bonus! The staff is amazing and any request we have is responded to quickly and with a smile. I have been back 3 times in the last 8 months to see my son at Fort Benning and he was married last Friday and we gathered under the gazebo and it was amazing beautiful!!! The staff helped set up, shop, guided us where we needed to go for supplies. I walk in the door and they remember who we are. It's a great place to stay! I recommend it to all my friends (as a matter of fact ... my family and friends have stayed too because my experience was so wonderful)! I will definitely be back! Thank you for providing a wonderful experience for my whole family and friends.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the end that has the gazebo outside the door -- when you carry your food to grill...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We love having you and your family each time they stay. We are sorry we did not get to see Colton on your last stay, but we will look forward to seeing him when you come back. Again, congratulations to you on your son's marriage; you are acquiring a wonderful daughter-in-law. Thank you for the opportunity for us to be part of the planning process. It was so much fun. I know we will see you again and best wishes until then.