“Great price for a close stay to Fort Benning”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning
Ranked #33 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My daughter-in-law and I needed a place to stay for my son's graduation from Airborne School. Olson Hall was full, so they made reservations for this hotel. The process was quick, easy, and all done on the phone as we traveled from Clarksville, TN. Definitely a place we would stay again if necessary.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Every one was very friendly, curtious, good humored, helpful. The rooms were clean.
rooms were made everyday. could not say enough. Duke, the owner was very friendly and at times understanding. The booking was for my son's graduation at Ft. Benning. It has been one of the better places my wife and I have stayed.

Room Tip: Read the reviews from other people who have stayed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I booked this hotel for my son's graduation & family day events at Ft. Benning on 8/15 & 8/16. Very close to the base. Billy was the front desk clerk and was very professional and friendly. Great customer service, rooms were clean, smelled clean, and included a kitchenette. I recommend this hotel and I am very picky when it comes to hotels and I would definately stay there again. Great stay for the price.

Vickie
Snellville, GA

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Duke, the owner, is very hands on and treats everybody like family. He is kind, and made the experience of having to leave our military son easier by his demeanor. The hotel was great, the staff is wonderful, and we look forward to staying there again.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed there for family weekend for son attending basic training. After staying atseveral choice hotels on the way there and back I can say without doubt that this was the best place i have stayed in a while. The place was clean orgainzed and the staff was friendly. Duke was awesome and treated everyone great. He was knowledgeable about the military and you could see in how he runs the place that i will only get better. Choice hotels should make his facility a top rated stay. Thanks for the accomodations and see you in sept. for graduation. kurt & Lori vogt portland , ct

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I spent last weekend at this hotel to visit my son in Jump School. I was a little hesitant when I got there due to the location but I wanted to be close to the Ft. Benning gate (about a mile away). As soon as I walked through the front door my thoughts changed! I was cheerfully greeted by the front desk AND the OWNER...Duke. Duke is on the premises almost ALL THE TIME! It is a very family & miitaryfamily oriented hotel. Duke is a veteran and is committed to Ft. Benning and all of it's soldiers & families. I felt so at home here. I'm used to staying at expensive hotels but I will be staying here again over the next two weekends. They make you feel like you are family and you feel like you are at home when you are here. Great pool area and beautiful outdoor gazebo with 2 bbq grills for grilling. Quiet at night. Rooms are spacious and provide your basic needs. Super comfy pillows. Beds are not queen but comfy enough for the night. Laundry facilities are on the 1st floor and came in handy. Large refrigerators in rooms with a two burner stovetop and microwave. Nice restaurants are about 10 miles away near the mall but Burger King, McDonald's & Wendy's are all within 1/4 mile. You are 5 minues from the main gate and the gate near the National Infantry Museum (which I highly recommend seeing).
Thank you Duke & staff for a wonderful weekend!!!! Love the rocking chairs on the back veranda near the pool. Awesome touch!

2  Thank dawnlovestotravel
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Ex Army and owner Duke runs this place as a good home for soldiers in transiton. Duke is on site and loves to talk about the service. He remembered my name after one intro. My son and family staying here til home on base is ready. He is also building fenced dog run. There is special wing families with pets stay in so as not to disturb others. would highly recommend. Fridge/micro/stove etc

• Stayed: August 2012
Travelers also viewed these Columbus hotels
Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning
Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
La Quinta Inn Columbus Fort Benning
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning? Share your experiences!