“Great Hotel For the Price for Ft. Benning Graduations”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning
Ranked #36 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great Hotel For the Price for Ft. Benning Graduations”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I booked this hotel for my son's graduation & family day events at Ft. Benning on 8/15 & 8/16. Very close to the base. Billy was the front desk clerk and was very professional and friendly. Great customer service, rooms were clean, smelled clean, and included a kitchenette. I recommend this hotel and I am very picky when it comes to hotels and I would definately stay there again. Great stay for the price.

Vickie
Snellville, GA

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Red Oak, Iowa, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Duke, the owner, is very hands on and treats everybody like family. He is kind, and made the experience of having to leave our military son easier by his demeanor. The hotel was great, the staff is wonderful, and we look forward to staying there again.

portland ct
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed there for family weekend for son attending basic training. After staying atseveral choice hotels on the way there and back I can say without doubt that this was the best place i have stayed in a while. The place was clean orgainzed and the staff was friendly. Duke was awesome and treated everyone great. He was knowledgeable about the military and you could see in how he runs the place that i will only get better. Choice hotels should make his facility a top rated stay. Thanks for the accomodations and see you in sept. for graduation. kurt & Lori vogt portland , ct

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I spent last weekend at this hotel to visit my son in Jump School. I was a little hesitant when I got there due to the location but I wanted to be close to the Ft. Benning gate (about a mile away). As soon as I walked through the front door my thoughts changed! I was cheerfully greeted by the front desk AND the OWNER...Duke. Duke is on the premises almost ALL THE TIME! It is a very family & miitaryfamily oriented hotel. Duke is a veteran and is committed to Ft. Benning and all of it's soldiers & families. I felt so at home here. I'm used to staying at expensive hotels but I will be staying here again over the next two weekends. They make you feel like you are family and you feel like you are at home when you are here. Great pool area and beautiful outdoor gazebo with 2 bbq grills for grilling. Quiet at night. Rooms are spacious and provide your basic needs. Super comfy pillows. Beds are not queen but comfy enough for the night. Laundry facilities are on the 1st floor and came in handy. Large refrigerators in rooms with a two burner stovetop and microwave. Nice restaurants are about 10 miles away near the mall but Burger King, McDonald's & Wendy's are all within 1/4 mile. You are 5 minues from the main gate and the gate near the National Infantry Museum (which I highly recommend seeing).
Thank you Duke & staff for a wonderful weekend!!!! Love the rocking chairs on the back veranda near the pool. Awesome touch!

2 Thank dawnlovestotravel
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Ex Army and owner Duke runs this place as a good home for soldiers in transiton. Duke is on site and loves to talk about the service. He remembered my name after one intro. My son and family staying here til home on base is ready. He is also building fenced dog run. There is special wing families with pets stay in so as not to disturb others. would highly recommend. Fridge/micro/stove etc

• Stayed August 2012
Ohio
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife, daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 10 days in early July, 2012. The people staying at this location seem to be mostly military families. We got to know numerous families with all the waiting one does when involved with the military. The pool and lobby atmosphere was very friendly. The location is extremely close to the main entrance to Fort Benning (the entrance where the infantry museum is and Airborne School is to name a few). The Sand Hill entrance is about 3 miles to the East which is where most of Basic Training occurs. We had a small suite with refrigerator, stove and sink which worked well for our purpose. Our son in the military spent several nights with us and we used the hide-a-bed sofa when he stayed with us. Most of the better restaurants are not close to this location, but being close to the main entrance of the base was ideal. The exercise room was great and allowed our son to do PT while we were with him. They also have a nice laundry. The continental breakfast was adequate but nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: While the couches come out to make a bed, they are not the most comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Randy S
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I;d find a different place to stay, We had another couple walk in on us at 4:00 am. The desk clerk said they didn't show anyone in the room, Bad answer. Food wasn't fit to eat. Waffles that didn;t cook, frozen biscuits, sausage gravy fresh from the refridgerator and still cold, top that with weak coffee. Let's top that with a 10 channel TV that didn't wook.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family