“Very Good. ”

The Loft
Ranked #3 of 566 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Loft is a 2 level restaurant with a live music venue upstairs. Amazing food, friendly service, and delicious drinks mixed with an atmosphere you won't find anywhere else at the hub of Uptown Columbus! The Loft is a Columbus Uptown favorite, a family run business rooted in local history since 1992, combining food, fun, and music in a scrumptious and unique way. It has always been our family's goal to share with our patron's quality and value in a casual atmosphere. In short, if you love extraordinary food, the best in live entertainment plus a warm and welcoming service staff, come spend the evening with us!
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Met at the Loft for dinner with friends. Started with the fried Brie and bagel chips app and then I had the special - blackened grouper with shrimp topped with a red butter sauce. The fish was very good, but the shrimp were relatively small. I wasn't thrilled with the sauce. My wife had the grilled chicken. Very good. We enjoyed the sides including the cous cous. We finished with a piece of the chocolate cake. Delicious. And big enough to feed the table. With 3 glasses of wine and coffee we totaled out at around 90. We'll go again.

1  Thank Dealer06

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Loft is my go-to restaurant in Columbus! It's a great place for dinner and drinks! I'd personally recommend the veggie burger. The quality of food is very high and the service is always good.

3  Thank 9charleyw
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I thought I had already reviewed this restaurant....but in case I didn't: The food was ok and our server was good but the "hostess" should consider another career. She was not very pleasant. Our visit was during the week when Schwob School of Music had a Trombone institute convention. There were nightly "jazz" events - some of which were after hours at "The Loft" so maybe she wasn't having a good week.
We ate upstairs because there was no room for our party of 8 downstairs. It would have been a nice, quiet, relaxing atmosphere there - not so upstairs.
So I guess what I'm saying is give it a try mid-week first because everyone we've talked to has said the food was really good. We were not impressed :(

1  Thank JMSArchbald
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went there mostly for dinner, but the college football game was also on, so we sat at a couple high-tops and watched the game. The TV's were good and visible and angled the right way, there was an OK [~six] assortment of beers on tap. The ravioli was good, and the prime rib was also reported to be very good. The appetizers are pretty much bar-fare, but well done. As noted by another, the chips and dip are real good. Two of us with dinner and a few beers each got out for about 70 with tip. I would recommend to those looking for a fun place, didn't get a chance to go upstairs and hear any live music.

1  Thank FreqntTrvl
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is the second time I've been here, and it's been great both times. The atmosphere is active and energetic without being so loud that you can't hear.

The potato chips and dip are warm and delicious. I had the portobello wrap with goat cheese and it was gooey and yummy. The mac and cheese is decadent. I nibbled on my companions' desserts and both the pecan pie and caramel cream puff were excellent.

It's well worth the visit.

2  Thank kslfla